University Village is currently hiring a full time Campus Safety Coordinator EMT to work the NOC Shift (11PM-7AM)! The Campus Safety Coordinator (NOC Shift) functions as a Safety Officer. In addition, the Campus Safety Coordinator has leadership responsibilities that include disaster training, coordination, and the initial on-site response for any emergency or disaster situation. The Campus Safety Coordinator also provides support, communication, and general oversight of staff for normal community functions during the overnight shift at the request of and specific direction of community leadership. This support includes, but is not limited to:
EMERGENCY RESPONSE AND DISASTER PLANNING RESPONSIBILITES:
- Coordinates emergency and disaster response efforts
- Serves as primary liaison to emergency responders
- Coordinates and conducts trainings covering various safety, security and disaster related topics, to include but not limited to:
- Medical emergency response
- Disaster response and recovery
- Community life safety systems
- Location of emergency equipment
- OSHA topics
- Coordinates and conducts life safety and security systems and equipment checks
- Coordinates and conducts campus drills (e.g. fire, evacuation, elopement, disaster, earthquake, security risk)
- Maintain SDS chemical safety information and inventory
- Reviews safety department reports and daily activity logs
- Attendance at monthly Employee Safety Committee meetings
SAFETY OFFICER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds immediately to all emergency situations at the community. Practices proper First Responder protocols and life safety policies and procedures.
- Assists the Director of Safety with random mock testing and training of staff to ensure emergency preparedness
- Conducts scheduled internal and external rounds
- Maintains departmental emergency equipment and supplies to ensure proper function
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures and reports all discrepancies and unsafe conditions to the appropriate management representative
- Responds to and documents customer complaints in a professional manner
SUPPORT, COMMUNICATION, GENERAL OVERSIGHT RESPONSIBILIITES:
- Provides support, communication, and general oversight of staff for normal community functions during the overnight shift at the request of and specific direction of community leadership
- Facilitates and conducts general trainings and communication to staff as requested by Human Resources, Administration, or other Departments
- Serves as liaison to all overnight employees and departments
- Communicates any operational issues or concerns to community leadership
- EMT Certification
- Thorough knowledge of safety/security, emergency response and disaster operations
- 3-5 years experience in safety, law enforcement/security, fire, emergency medical services or closely related field
- 2+ years supervisory experience (highly desirable)
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Moderate to heavy physical effort throughout the workday. Must be able to walk, stand and stoop for up to 80% of the work day. May be exposed to the elements (heat, cold, rain); work in area with high voltage electricity, hazardous equipment and moving parts; and work on roof tops and other high places. Must be able to set up and climb ladders safely with tools and equipment necessary for assigned work. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. When lifting loads over 50 lbs, use two or more people. It is your responsibility to ask for assistance. Must be able to push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment generally weighing up to 300 lbs. May be exposed to communicable diseases including HIV and Hepatitis B viruses; industrial and household chemicals; and offensive odors.
About University Village Thousand Oaks:
University Village is a resort-style retirement community located in Thousand Oaks, in Ventura County. The community is contained securely on more than 65 acres of picturesque hills and valleys. University Village is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) offering a variety of villas and apartment homes to hundreds of residents. Full services are provided, including fine dining, housekeeping and laundry, maintenance services, transportation, fitness classes, wellness programs, and numerous activities.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at our community. We are committed to hiring high quality, professional and caring individuals. We value and recognize the importance of supporting, training, and retaining our employees to better serve our residents. We look for employees with a passion for customer service.
Prior to beginning work at our community, applicants must complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice (over 18 only). The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
Applicants for this position are required to complete a computer-based Customer Service Aptitude test. After you complete the application and apply for the position, an email confirmation will be sent to you. On the email is a link to the Criteria Test Center. Please complete the test at a time that is convenient for you. Be aware, once you begin the test, you will not be able to 'come and go' on the testing site. You must complete the test in one sitting. The test is multiple choice, and will take about 30 minutes. You will not be considered for this position until the test has been completed. Check your spam filter if you do not receive the confirmation email.