Position Type: Part Time or Full Time
As a teacher with CDI, you will join a non-profit agency committed to providing exceptional Infant-Toddler/Preschool/School-Age programming that has a guiding principle of always putting children first. Step inside one of our centers and find yourself immersed in a play-based environment where you can explore and develop your passion for teaching with the support of talented co-teachers and Site Supervisors.
We are currently looking for Before and After School Associate Teachers to join some of our Child Development Centers in the Santa Ana, Irvine, and Tustin areas.
- Create daily lesson plans supported by learning frameworks and foundations that directly connect to the passion and interests of children: STEM/Arts/Reading/Dramatic & Rhythmic Play
- Have fun in creating intentional, enriched, and supportive learning environments
- Observe children’s growth while active inside or outside the classroom in hands-on, engaging activities that promote fine and gross motor skill development
- Record and share children’s progress as they achieve developmental milestones
- Keep children safe by supporting positive interactions, conducting proper supervision, and promoting healthy habits
- Provide excellent customer service by establishing and maintaining authentic connections with children, families, schools, communities and center/classroom team
- Work collaboratively with co-teachers in connecting work place values, education, and experience to provide the highest quality programs and creative workplaces
- Depending on age, guide children through club activities and provide homework assistance
- Supervise field trips to destinations such as aquatics parks, beaches, and trampoline parks etc.
- Assist in promoting company mission and philosophy, as well performing duties assigned by Site Supervisor
Education and permit requirements may vary by center needs and/or require specific units depending on program such as Infant-Toddler, Preschool, School-Age, and Title 5/Title 22 status.
- Possess an Associate Teacher Permit or higher, or 12 core Child Development/ECE units
- 1 year prior experience working in a licensed program with young children
- Bilingual/Multilingual language preference based on individual center needs
- Pass a Health Screening, TB test, and Fingerprint Clearance check
- Current adult and infant/child CPR/First Aid certification preferred
- Ability to lift/push 15 pounds
- Must be 18 years or older
CDI Employee Perks:
- Competitive salaries
- Career Development and Training
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Discounted Childcare
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Discounts
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.