We are looking for a highly motivated person to help us manage this important aspect of our business. This position requires a person that has strong analytical skills with an attention to details. They must be able to clearly communicate and build and maintain trusting relationships with our customers.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Work with the Marketing department to determine relative product value and then work with the Commercial Sales department to capture that value.
2. Work closely with customers to quickly and accurately process rebate requests. As needed work with Customers, Pricing Specialist and our Sales Team to reconcile and fix any discrepancies. This may include periodic visits to customers.
3. Audit rebates to ensure customers are submitting accurate, timely information.
4. Work closely with Pricing Analysts to ensure rebate agreements are accurate and uptodate. Communicate any changes to sales and customers; alert sales and customers on expiring agreements.
5. Train our new distributors on how to properly submit rebates.
6. Work with AR to reconcile price related residuals.
7. Issue credits to our customers based on the terms of the rebate agreement.
8. Calculate, audit and issue incentive payment credits.
9. Respond to transactional price requests. Responses need to be consistent with established profitability goals and market levels.
10. Develop and utilize analytical pricing tools that will enable the pricing department to more effectively manage price. Identify and Share best 11. practices.
12. Identify and aggressively implement market, customer or product opportunities and programs that drive strategic, sustainable, profitable growth.
13. Help manage price increases.
14. Understand costs and costs trends to maximize margin
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance or equivalent work experience.
3 years of experience in pricing, marketing or financial experience.
Knowledge of marketing concepts, pricing, programs, promotion and products and good business acumen required.
Personal Characteristics: Agent of Change, team player, sales ability, problem solving, strong analytical and quantitative skills, negotiation skills, accountable, proactive, effective communicator in both written form and oral.
Proficiency in Word, and Excel is required.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance.
Business to Business experience.
Experience in manufacturing company environment (ie. Engineering, IT, Corporate Finance etc.)
SAP and Qlikview experience
General knowledge of Six Sigma principles and practices
Effective, thorough communication skills
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
With sales of 40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230.000 employees in 56 countries. As a division in the Continental Corporation, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists. Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 46,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, polyamide, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech also offers functional and design-oriented living solutions and is always searching for customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly answers - going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of approximately 5.5 billion (2016), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
Finance and Controlling, Marketing and Sales
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.