Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.Job Description
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Lincoln, NE location is seeking a Maintenance Planner to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
- Ensure that the machinery used in manufacturing, refining, and processing plants is in the best possible working order by undertaking a range of maintenance inspections and scheduling maintenance processes.
- Plan and organize preventative maintenance processes such as oil analysis, condition monitoring or vibration analysis, nondestructive testing, thermography, and ultrasound, as well as predictive maintenance processes like lubrication and sensory inspections, and periodic component replacement.
- Analyze the risk of process failure, ensure that correct spare parts are stocked, undertake performance measurement, and try to ensure that maintenance costs are kept as low as possible.
- Proficient User of the Operation's computerized information management systems
- Identify and collect an asset’s operating and maintenance parameters
- Identify and collect an asset’s engineering and technical parameters
- Uses Records Cataloguing and Records Management to build and maintain a framework for all recorded asset history
- Database management to build and maintain a framework for all documented information
- Navigates document management system to find any document within 30 seconds
- Uses knowledge configuration management to ensure the correct information and data is within maintenance documents
- Correctly catalogue and describe parts for Stores catalogue
- Select suitable condition monitoring technology and methodology
- Identify and specify key asset operating conditions and component health parameters
- Develop work quality control standards and set quality assurance tests (e.g., ITP, ACE 3T)
- Understands the design engineering, manufacture, and construction of an asset
- Understands proper conditions required for the components in an asset
- Uses best practice workflow controls and task management practices
- Understands and applies business and operating risk assessment process and risk mitigation selection
- Does task and job risk assessment and selects the right risk mitigations
- Knows and uses best task time management practices
- Competently develops and maintains CMMS content, asset hierarchy structure, information databases, Stores Catalogue
- Correctly develops work order job costing to ±10% accuracy every time
- Expertly navigates CMMS, asset hierarchy structure, information databases, Stores Catalogue and finds required information within 30 seconds
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 2 years or more if no relevant bachelor’s degree
- Candidate must have solid leadership, presentation, problem solving, and group dynamics skills.
- Strong industrial maintenance skills
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity. This position is eligible for a sign on.
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree
- 3- 5 years of manufacturing experience.
- 2 years of relevant professional experience required
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with maintenance scheduling
- Prior Maintenance experience
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ManufacturingView All Continental Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.