BestDrive Retread Maintenance Technician
- Paid Time Off , Retirement
BestDrive, a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental, is quickly becoming the top choice among commercial trucking fleets for our high-quality products and exceptional service. BestDrive Commercial Tire Centers specializes in providing fleet customers with innovative tire solutions including award winning Continental and General Tire brand products, innovative commercial solution products such as ContiPressureCheck, and a wide array of multi-brand truck tires to address all market segments. Since our founding in 2012, we presently have 25 locations throughout the United States and continue to rapidly expand our footprint throughout the country
As a BestDrive Retread Maintenance Technician, you will perform various preventative maintenance and repairs on various pieces of retreading equipment. This position functions in a manufacturing environment at a BestDrive tire facility where commercial tires are retreaded through various manual and automatic tasks.
- Repair out of service or improperly working equipment in a timely manner to limit downtime.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment using a timely schedule
- Maintain and operate the plant steam, air and hydraulic systems in a safe and efficient way.
- Assist with the install of new equipment
- Comply with all safety and liability guidelines and policies.
- Use protective safety equipment to ensure safe operation of machines.
- Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements pertaining to this position.
- All other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Must be 18 years or older
- 3 years of previous experience in a manufacturing maintenance setting or completion of 2-year vocational school in industrial maintenance.
- Prior electrical and electronic trouble shooting experience - ability to work with 24VDC to 500VAC.
- Prior pipe fitting experience.
- Prior compressor and hydraulic experience.
- No relocation is being offered for this position
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Ability to communicate, verbally and written, clearly and professionally with co-workers and management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous retread manufacturing experience
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Work hours are generally 5am-1:30pm Monday - Friday. Saturday and overtime as needed; may have little to no advance notice.
- This position operates in an indoor manufacturing environment therefore exposure to heat is to be expected.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, bend, climb, lift and walk.
- Required to wear various forms of protective equipment (safety shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.). Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
- Required to lift 20-50 lbs. routinely; may be required to occasionally lift up to 60 lbs. individually.
Why you should apply:
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to [email protected] or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContinentalForest Park, GA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.