Planner / Technical Writer II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Continental Tide Defense Systems, Inc. is actively seeking a motivated, energetic, and detail-oriented individual for a Planner/Technical Writer position to be located in our San Diego office. The successful candidate will join our business team supporting initiatives for Naval Sea Systems Command, the Military Sealift Command, US Coast Guard, and other customers.
The position will involve gathering, analyzing, and documenting drawings and technical publications to generate initial work packages and QA documentation. Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work in teams are a must.
The successful candidate will have direct experience in one or more of the following areas and is comfortable dealing with the others: electrical, electronics, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, welding/brazing, pipefitting, rigging, technical writing, Quality Assurance/Quality Control, metrology, safety, and training. Shipboard or Navy experience is highly desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and develop Test & Inspection Plans (TIPs) and Quality Assurance Workbooks (QAWBs) by:
- Gathering, analyzing, understanding, and interpreting blueprints, drawings, schematics, and specifications required for the assigned task.
- Reviewing Statement of Work (SOW) to ensure all contracted work is planned IAW all required references.
- Defining required test standards and specified test equipment associated with requirements.
- Performing ship checks.
- Generating Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) Forms.
- Evaluate and provide recommended resolution to conditions reported on Condition Reports (CRs).
- Provide both face to face and distant support training to new (additional) Technical Writer / Planning personnel.
- Document processes and communicate with subject matter experts (SMEs), skate holders and team members.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
- A minimum of three (5) years of experience in writing and developing TIPs, QAWBs, Formal Work Packages (FWP), Task Group Instructions (TGI), Technical Work Instructions (TWI), or other Technical Work Instructions (TWD) for US Navy ship repair is a must.
- Working knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items, Joint Fleet Maintenance Manual, NAVSEA TS 9090-310, and NAVSSES Instruction 4720.2 is a must.
- Possess a high school diploma, GED and/or military school certificate.
- Ability to read and interpret ship installation blueprints/drawings, installation specifications and NAVSEA Standard Items.
Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and execute multiple assigned tasks
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must have or have the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
- Must have the ability to obtain base access and security credentials.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees throughout the company and outside organizations.
- Ability to multitask while still meeting deadlines and set goals.
The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential. You will be fully engaged and busy from the first day and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment. We are always looking for top-talent and we look forward to new-thinkers and team-players joining our crew! We offer competitive wages in salaried and hourly positions, educational opportunities, competitive employee benefit options, and a 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
*Please note due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform the essential job duties satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Learn more about us:
See all of our latest opportunities at www.continentaltide.com or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/continental-tide-defense-systems.
To be considered you must apply by going to www.continentaltide.com.
If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.
Continental Tide is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity. Continental Tide participates in E-Verify and U.S. citizenship is required for most positions.
Continental Tide Defense Systems, Inc.
EducationView all jobs at Continental Tide Defense Systems, Inc.