- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Continental Tide Defense Systems, Inc. is actively seeking a motivated, energetic, and detail-oriented individual for a General Manager position. The successful candidate will join our Management Team currently supporting initiatives for Naval Sea Systems Command, U.S. Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and other DoD organizations.
Job summary: The General Manager shall oversee and lead Program-level and/or business line initiatives. In this role you will be accountable for management of employees under your cognizance, contract delivery, task order estimating, technical proposal development, estimate review, preparation and formatting. You will prepare and maintain financial budgets, meeting contractual requirements and deadlines. The General Manager will serve as the primary customer contact for program activities.
- Responsible for management and execution of multiple contracts, task orders, initiatives and personnel under your cognizance.
- Manage Continental Tide employees including but not limited to: Project / Program Managers, Project Engineers, Engineering Technicians, Industrial Trades personnel, Logistics and Administrative staff.
- Communicate with management/subcontractors/customers regarding CDRLs and internal programmatic initiatives.
- Contract, delivery, and task order estimating, technical proposal development, estimate review, preparation and formatting.
- Support new business capture, customer retention and employee recruitment.
- Reports to executive leadership and responsible for financial and budgetary projections.
- Lead Program and Business Line execution by streamlining processes from award to project planning (kick-off meetings, team compositions, personnel, schedules, etc.) and ensuring the Project Manager/Lead is fully prepared to transition into the process and take the lead.
- Ability and willingness to support shipboard contact/ time (progress reviews/surveillances, customer contact and increase Continental Tide personnel interaction) is a must
- Provides input to corporate management regarding company's strategic path for development and capacity for future growth through core capabilities, solutions, and strategic partnerships.
- Acts as primary customer contact for our customer's program activities; leading program review sessions and providing weekly customer briefings
- Must be familiar with Technical Specification 9090-310 and NAVSEA Standard Items
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Position requires US Citizenship
Education / Specialized Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Applied Science, Finance and/or Business Administration is preferred.
- In lieu of education, individual shall have a minimum of twenty (20) years' experience in program management, engineering, and technical oversight of shipboard installation.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years of shipboard installation and repair experience
- Ten (10) years of Program / Project Management experience
Physical/Environmental Job Requirements:
- Work primarily performed in an office environment with regular site visits to shipyards and aboard ships. Must be able to physical maneuver spaces within these environments.
- May require lifting/moving up and including 45 lbs.
Continental Tide offers it eligible employees; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Disability insurances, 401(k) and paid annual leave.
Continental Tide Defense Systems, Inc.
AddressVirginia Beach, VA
RetailView all jobs at Continental Tide Defense Systems, Inc.