- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Employment Type: Full Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt
Salary Information: $25.44 - $36.35/Hourly
Continental Maritime of San Diego is currently seeking an experienced Painter 2 to support our operations. The Painter is responsible for cleaning and preparing metal surfaces for painting by removing dirt, grease, rust, scale, and other contaminants; mask and tape areas not requiring painting; paint parts, equipment, interior, and exterior of ships; mix material in accordance with material data sheet; inspect painted areas and perform touch up work as needed; apply fiberglass to handrails and shafting.
- Familiar with SSPC surface preparation methods
- Good knowledge of various types and uses of paints, preparation procedures for different types of surfaces, and basic reading to identify paints and solvents.
- Must also have the ability to observe differences in color.
- Must be able to work any shift
- US Citizenship is required
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of coatings experience
- Most work is performed aboard ships or in industrial conditions. Shop, shipboard, warehouse, industrial environment
- May be exposed to fumes and irritants including welding/burning fumes, paints, oils, greases and various cleaning solutions and solvents, noise, high heat and humidity hazards while wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Frequently moves throughout the shipyard
- Work at heights and in confined spaces
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs/ladders/ramps, aboard ships in shipyards under industrial conditions and in confined spaces
- Must be able to move heavy equipment and boxes, weighing up to 50 pounds
- May be exposed to rapid changes in microclimates, industrial processes, and other environmental factors while collecting data, providing direction, and observing performance of task teams
Who We Are
Continental Maritime of San Diego, a Titan company, is a certified Master Ship Repair Contractor for the U.S. Navy. Our skilled professionals have performed hundreds of ship repairs for the Navy and Military Sealift Command. CMSD does repair on all types of major surface vessels including CVN, CG, and DDG, and all types of amphibious ships including LHD, LHA, LSD, LPD, and auxiliary ships. Our work also includes repairs and alterations to a wide range of Combatant, Hull, Mechanical and Electrical, and Habitability Systems.
The Continental Maritime of San Diego Management Team is committed to providing the necessary structure, tools, and environment for our employees. We act in the economic best interests of our customers and our company, in a professional, honest and sincere manner. Our mission is accomplished through unwavering commitment to the following principles:
- Professional Conduct
- Total Quality
- Customer Satisfaction
- Open, honest communication at all levels
- Awareness of environmental issues
- Empowerment to every level
Continental Maritime of San Diego
AddressSan Diego, CA
Get fresh International Painter jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.