Continental Mapping Consultants is seeking a Mapping Team Supervisor in Sun Prairie, WI. In a competitive marketplace Continental Mapping understands that our employees are the key to our success. We seek talented people with minds to develop the innovative solutions that our customers expect, a dedication to excellence and a strong work ethic. We offer a competitive salary, a full benefit package and a company culture dedicated to respect, diversity and teamwork. Continental Mapping is where exciting careers are built!
The Mapping Team Supervisor at Continental Mapping oversees and mentors a team of mapping technicians. This position works closely with our production and survey team members to ensure cohesiveness of production quality and output. Through effective communication and collaboration, this supervisory role manages and delegates the team's software, hardware and staff resources to ensure the team has everything they need to provide innovative solutions, build quality processes and meet key performance goals.
Essential Duties Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Qualifications: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the day-to-day operations/production of mapping activities
- Provide oversight on all project plans, project execution and project deliverables
- Work directly with Operation and Program Managers to identify resource requirements and level of effort for new opportunities
- Ensures production team meets all project goals, requirements and deadlines
- Ensure the portfolio of products and services has up-to-date processes and quality procedures through process review, development, and communication
- Responsible for evaluating customer feedback and corrective actions by implementing processes to address non-conformities and mitigate future non-conformities
- Responsible for ensuring a performance metric process is in place to evaluate all products and services
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Photogrammetry including stereo compilation from various airborne and satellite platforms
- Familiarity with digital surface model generation
- Direct experience with leading topographic and planimetric mapping and survey projects
- Familiarity with Lidar principles, data and standard delivery formats
- Various state and federal mapping specifications (DOT, USACE, USGS, ASPRS)
- Aerial Triangulation
- Stereo compilation
- Lidar production
- ESRI Software
- Microstation Software
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (five years). A minimum of five years' relevant skill experience.
- Experience mentoring and leading teams to improve efficiency, quality, foster new ideas, resolve conflicts and improve employee experience.
- Experience running projects from planning and execution through close-out with direct responsibility for outcome.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Certified Photogrammetrist (CP) preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer