Hospitality General Manager
Job Title: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Oversees all aspects of Property Management in accordance with Company mission statement, including maximization of financial performance, guest satisfaction, and staff development within established quality standards. Responsible for the hiring, training, and discipline of all hotel staff.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility in a safe and satisfactory manner, and the individual must be punctual and have a good attendance record, and have reliable means of transportation to work. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs the role of “Standard Bearer”, ensuring that each criterion in CIA-HOTEL’s then-current “CIA-HOTEL’s Basics” are communicated, understood, achieved, and maintained by hotel staff.
2. Performs each criterion as contained in CIA-HOTEL’s then-current “General Manager’s Standard Operating Procedures” in a satisfactory manner.
3. Performs each criterion as contained in CIA-HOTEL’s then-current “General Manager’s Standard of Performance” in a satisfactory manner.
4. Creates an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction.
5. Monitors the performance of the hotel through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports. Initiates corrective action.
6. Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates corrective action.
7. Develops accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial objectives consistent with the Company's mission statement.
8. Prepares financial reports for management that clearly explain operational effectiveness, trends, and variances.
9. Establishes and maintains a pro-active human resource function to ensure employee motivation, training and development, wage and benefits administration, and compliance with established labor regulations.
10. Maintains an appropriate level of community public affairs involvement.
11. Executes marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the hotel’s business plan.
12. Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
13. Establishes and maintains applicable preventive maintenance programs to protect the physical assets of the hotel.
14. Implements and maintains effective open-door communication system that crosses departmental lines in order to reach all employees.
15. Understands the government regulations affecting hotel’s operations, ensuring hotel is operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state, or municipal authority.
16. Deals with the general public, customers, employees, and government officials with tact and courtesy.
17. Plans and organizes the work of others.
18. Accepts full responsibility for managing an activity.
19. Other duties may be assigned.
Typically, directly supervises 15 to 45 employees at the hotel, including all department heads. Indirectly supervises all hotel personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, training programs, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Absent extraordinary prior on-the-job experience, the General Manager position requires a High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and preferably either a two year business degree or a four year business or liberal arts degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
· Requires an occupationally-significant combination of vocational education, apprentice training, on-the-job training, and essential experience in less responsible hotel skill level and management positions.
· A Certified Hospitality Administrator designation is preferred.
General Managers must have developed language skills to the point to be able to:
· Read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals.
· Write routine reports, correspondence, business letters, summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format, and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
· Ability to speak effectively in English before groups such as customers or employees. COMPUTER SKILLS: General Managers must have sufficient computer skills that will allow them to be able to use, in a proficient manner, all Company-issued software programs implemented at the hotel, including but not limited to the following:
· Microsoft Word
· Microsoft Excel
· Yield Management Systems programs
· Property Management System (PMS) programs
· Daily Revenue System (DRS) programs
· Central Reservation System programs
· Payroll programs
· Company-issued internet browser programs
· Company-issued electronic mail programs
General Managers must have developed reasoning abilities to the point to be able to:
· Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
· Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
· Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
· Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, as well as on your own experience and personal opinions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see differences in widths and lengths of lines such as those on graphs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate well with others, effectively deal with guests, and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
· Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions. IMPORTANT NOTE: Essential functions of this job are described under the headings above. The job requirements and features are subject to change from time to time due to the then-current needs and requirements of the Company and/or the hotel.
Continental Inns of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Continental Inns of America is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, […], family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. We encourage applicants of all ages.
Powered by JazzHR
Continental Inns of AmericaNashville, TN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.