- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Continental Engines, a local distributor for power equipment and industrial engines, generators, and pumps, is currently recruiting a Service Manager in the Greenville, SC area. We are looking for a highly motivated, self-reliant problem solver with excellent time management and organizational skills.
Job Position Description: Responsible for day-to-day operations and management of the inside Service/Repair and Warranty Department. This position reports to the President.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Manage day-to-day operations related to inside Service/Repair Department, Warranty, and
- Manage Service/Repair Department personnel.
- Communicate with and assist customers, vendors, and co-workers in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
- Support Customer Service – quoting and entering orders.
- Schedule training and out of town accommodations, when required for Service Department.
- Support and train Technicians on an as needed basis.
- Work within service territory as needed to solve service issues for customer equipment.
- Budget, monitor, and control Service/Repair Department expenses.
- Develop new business to increase sales within Service/Repair Shop.
- Contact and visit prospective accounts, as required.
- Attend manufacturing training seminars, as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills – experience in FieldEdge a plus
- Good organizational skills
- Associate’s or Bachelors’ Degree preferred
- Service background in Mechanical or Electrical industries
- The ability to lift 25-50 pounds regularly.
- The ability to sit and/or stand for several hours at a time.
- Exposure to loud noise, dust, gas, or fumes.
- Must be able to hear staff on the phone and those who are served in-person and speak clearly in order to communicate information to clients and staff.
- Must have vision with or without lenses adequate to read memos, a computer screen, personnel forms and administrative documents.
- Must have high manual dexterity.
- Must be able to reach above the shoulder level to work, must be able to bend, squat and sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, kneel, twist/turn, and feel.
- Occasional work in unprotected weather elements.
Continental Engines’ benefits package includes group health insurance, 401(k), paid personal time off and observance of major holidays. The Company offers competitive compensation depending upon level of experience.
Continental Engines is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, service member status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran, or any other protected classification under applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintain a Drug-Free Workplace. Mandatory drug tests are required for all employees.
BusinessView all jobs at Continental Engines