Technical Integrations Solutions Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TECHNICAL INTEGRATION SOLUTIONS MANAGER
Job Title: Technical Integration Solutions Manager
Job Code: TISMGR
Reports To: Director, Integration
Base Location: AZ or CO
Work Status: Virtual Office
Minimum Starting Monthly Range: $9,000
Hiring Range (Monthly Pay): $9,000 - $10,416
Full-time / Part-time Full-time
Exempt / Non-Exempt Exempt
Risk Designation: Extremely High
The Technical Integration Solutions Manager will manage all technical aspects of highly visible, multifaceted projects under a well-defined project management methodology to meet the project goals and objectives. This role will be a subject matter expert in integration with a solutions-oriented approach, considers the big picture, thinks logically, and applies experience end-to-end and beyond to implement practicable and creative solutions. The Technical Integration Solutions Manager will ensure successful delivery of HIE services, products, and software. This position is based in Phoenix Arizona or Denver Colorado. Our strategic flexibility allows for remote work opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Analyze interface specifications and HL7 messages/CCDA documents for implementation projects
- Strategically collect, retain, and normalize meaningful data from Contexture participants for current and future use
- Troubleshoot and manage technical issues during Data Analysis, Build, QA, UAT testing and post production support with participants and vendors
- Ensure that solutions are aligned to customer needs and requirements
- Work with internal and external customers, leads the creation of the functional specification and system arrangement (equipment) within budget and on schedule
- Drive reliable and best practice technical solutions to complex problems during the implementation process
- Analyzes delivery systems requirements and build systems/interfaces in a variety of platforms to support HIE services and products
- Customize delivery that is interoperable with diverse systems
- Help to scope and define integration projects, including but not limited to:
- Participate in integration discovery and scoping meetings with participants and their vendors
- Document integration requirements and project deliverables and providing this to the sales team for incorporation into billable SOWs as needed
- Interface with the Outreach team and the participant’s vendor when needed, to coordinate key customer delivery activities
- Helps to identify gaps between business requirements and technical design solution documents, ensuring products are developed to include scalability for future project implementations, supportability for operations, and adequate reporting/logging
- Understands the scope and details of project plan and can identify and communicate the need for technical resources for tasks or assigned areas of responsibility
- Lead technical discussions between community participants and vendors to establish network connectivity to HIE and configure software solution according to desired clinical workflow for hospitals, labs, payers, physician practices, and any new participants
- Troubleshoot with participants and vendors to identify and remediate any gaps in the interface specifications and clinical data (HL7 messages, CCDA documents, Reports) during Data Analysis, Build, QA, UAT testing, and post production support
- Identify, prioritize, direct, communicate and drive to resolution all technical issues and risks to mitigate negative impact to community satisfaction, schedule, and budget forecasts during implementation and support CORHIO Service Desk on post-production issues
- Escalate critical issues having significant organizational or project impacts to leadership
- Provides advocacy on project risk avoidance and mitigation
- Establishes and maintains client relationships with technical POCs. Communicates client feedback to leadership as appropriate
- Facilitate and encourage participant commitment and collaboration to meet all interface specification requirements and HIE Gold Standards to alleviate defects in future project phases and post production
- Suggests, implements, and owns improvements and proactively addresses issues. Answers all inquiries in a timely basis
- Participates in design, review and influences critical technology projects within scope of role and team
- Performs technical consultant duties to internal teams, participants, and vendors on, but not limited to, HL7 standards, patient identity best practices, interface requirements, quality measures, and information system workflow for smaller and/or less technical healthcare organizations
- Is Solutions focused; does not just ask the question or raise the issue but provides options and leadership to solve the problem
- Understands the software technology through active and hands on integration development activity
- Contributes to repeatable HIE implementation methodologies and artifacts
- Contributes to knowledge management capital through activities such as creating and updating Technical Solution and Technical Specification templates, Technical Implementation Guides, and connectivity documents
- Create repeatable implementation plans, when possible, propose and defend standard changes to the Change Advisory Board for production configuration changes
- Supplements other integration roles where additional capacity or expertise is needed
- Partners and consults with other solutions and technologies on how they integrate and interact
- Effectively self-manage through difficult and demanding situations with clear and timely decision making and incisive and creative problem solving
- Analyze identified data sets and provide reporting output to sales when requested
- Serve as a technical expert in all HIE technical project types with the ability to make, stand by and support decision making
- Effectively transition between opposing technical discussions
- Serve as HIE technical expert in product sales and discovery meetings
- Serve as HIE technical expert in the development of test plans with the QA Team
- Provide operational support which may include after-hours support, after hours deployments, changes, or major incident response
- Builds, coordinates, and executes deployment plans in Stage and Production environments across applicable systems
- Provide operational back-up support to Technical Integration Solutions Managers and System Integration Engineers
- Performs other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong knowledge in clinical workflow, ideally across healthcare systems
- Knowledge with interface engines like Mirth, Nexus, Connexion, or equivalent
- Functional knowledge of networking and connectivity types (i.e., VPN, TCP/IP, SFTP, Web Services, API, HISP, iHE profiles)
- SQL experience a plus (MongoDB and SQL preferred)
- Electronic Health Record vendor experience desired, worked for or implemented preferably
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, MS Visio, and MS Project, HL7Spy or other HL7 applications, Notepad++ or other XML applications, and Gliffy
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation communication skills, with a high degree of self-motivation, ability to work independently, and lead technically complex discussions, while documenting
- Outstanding professionalism and communication skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization, including executive suite
- Proven leadership abilities across all levels of an organization, including executive suite
- Robust process orientation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and a strong commitment to quality
- Client and team focused
- Strong analytic skills to provide leadership on data quality and other reporting
- Proven balance of strategic and tactical skills
- Proven ability to consistently turn strategy and vision into reality through effective project management, technical solutions definition, and communications
- Adaptability in a fast-changing environment
- Proven aptitude for seeking creative solutions to multifaceted problems
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and work on many projects at the same time
- Curiosity to understand and leverage new tools and technologies
- Must occasionally be available for after-hours work, outside of normally scheduled hours
Minimum of 8+ years of experience in healthcare systems and technology, 2+ years utilizing Agile methodologies, and 5+ years with integrating HL7, XML/CDA or other health information messaging systems. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field or equivalent of 8+ years IT project management or system integration experience in healthcare working with external customers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As a federal contractor, Contexture is subject to the requirements of U.S. Executive Order 14042. As such, Contexture is legally required to ensure that all employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless the employee is legally entitled to an accommodation.
The position may require occasional availability for after-hours work, outside of regularly scheduled hours.
The position may require ability to periodically drive to and from clients, conferences and / or events; and / or limited travel.
This position is expected to be exposed to, process, or handle sensitive information including but not limited to Protected Health Information (PHI), Personally Identifiable Information (PII), financial information, etc. As such, the holder of this position is expected to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, organizational policies, and compliance expectations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The person in this position needs to frequently communicate and exchange information and move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a keyboard, monitor, calculator, copy / scanner machine, and printer. Frequently moves office and work-related material weighing up to 10 pounds; Occasionally moves office and work-related material weighing up to 30 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and / or qualifications associated with the job.
Benefits: The organization provides a comprehensive benefits package. For details, please request a Benefit Summary from Human Resources.
The organization is an inclusive Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Get fresh Technical Integration Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.