A knowledgeable job-seeker with experience in mortgage underwriting is needed for an Underwriting Specialist position in Phoenix, AZ. The Client Underwriting Specialist is the primary liaison between the Account Executives and their clients, and is the primary operations contact. This individual will be responsible for monitoring an assigned pipeline, and will assist with moving loans (to final action) in a timely, efficient, and compliant manner. This temporary-to-hire opportunity offers $23 an hour!
Responsibilities of the Underwriting Specialist include:
- Serves as the direct link and primary point of contact between the company and its clients to effectively manage a pipeline of loans through the origination process.
- Meets/exceeds productivity, quality, and overall employee operational team contribution expectations (i.e, flexibility, teamwork, attendance, collaboration, attitude, partnership, support, etc.).
- Provides customer service that focuses on the exact needs of clients providing status updates, clarifications, and accurate resolution of issues or outstanding loan conditions.
- Extensive product and process knowledge. Effective mortgage loan document and product / parameter expertise
- Timely and accurately follow-up and resolution to outstanding internal and external required transaction loan conditions.
- Ensures loans moved timely, and effectively through the process until final action (final approved, denied, closed, cancelled, or withdrawn).
- Monitors and manages assigned pipeline, following aging loans (including DCW requirements), and updates to closing, and lock expiration dates in the LOS.
- Submits loans to underwriting for review within submission policy or work with clients to correct insufficient conditions.
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Casual dress code
- Free snacks and drinks
- And more!
Requirements of the Underwriting Specialist:
- HS Diploma or GED, higher education a plus!
- 3-5 years of Mortgage Underwriting or Processing experience
- Extensive product and process knowledge. Effective mortgage loan document and product / parameter expertise.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, accountable and responsible, detailed oriented, organized, proactive, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work with little supervision, multi-task, and work efficiently / effectively within required deadlines.
- Software; Outlook, Lakewood, EDMS, MS Excel, MS Word, various reporting and workflow tools.
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!