Senior Software Developer
Our client is seeking a Sr. Software Developer to join their team on a direct hire, full time basis! They are a Financial Technology organization based out of Wilmington, DE. They are a growing and innovative company in their industry. They are seeking candidates who bring technical expertise as well as passionate and charisma to the dynamic existing team.
As a full stack Senior Software Developer, you will be exposed to all facets of the business and be encouraged to learn and develop skills both within and beyond your role. You’ll be working in the highly collaborative office developing and working with machine learning technology, surrounded by passionate, high-performing individuals to solve complex problems and make a meaningful impact on the business!
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging, and supporting both Web and Windows Applications using a variety of Microsoft technologies, including .Net, C# and SQL Server.
- Working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) to build and maintain a serverless application environment.
- Implement and manage best practices for maintaining source code repository and branching/merging strategy for multiple code bases and applications.
- Design and build microservice APIs. Migrate legacy API code to a new microservices architecture.
- Application development (coding & programming with C#, SQL Server)
- Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications. Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems
- Providing analysis & troubleshooting for production issues & code deployment activity
- Contributing to user interface design and development
- Learning new technologies and keeping abreast of existing technologies and applying these to a variety of projects as applicable.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; or equivalent education/experience in a computer science field
- Minimum 7 years' experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role utilizing Microsoft technologies
- Strong experience with C# programming language and/or other .NET languages
- Knowledge of web service concepts (REST, JSON, XML).
- Knowledge of SQL Server technologies and experience developing database applications using SQL server.
- Strong experience with CI/CD best practices. Experience setting up and maintaining automated build and release pipelines.
- Strong knowledge of Git and best practices for maintaining Git source code repositories.
- Strong object-oriented programming and design skills
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft development technologies, including .Net, C#, MVC.Net and SQL Server. and frameworks/systems (e.g. AngularJS, Git)
- Experience with web services and web API development.
- Extensive experience with unit and integration testing.
- Experience analyzing and resolving technical issues.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and drive projects through to completion
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills