Multiple knowledgeable, organized Direct Endorsement (DE) Certified Underwriters are needed to join a Retail DE Underwriting team at a reputable mortgage company for a remote role! The DE Certified Underwriters will be responsible for underwriting residential loans for the company's Call Center Retail department ensuring compliance for the company, secondary market investor standards, and applicable laws. These positions also require examination of loan documentation for accuracy and completeness and collaboration with Loan Officers and Processors to secure required documentation.
This direct hire role starts at $70,000 annually!
Responsibilities of the DE Certified Underwriters include:
- Underwrites FHA loans to verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance.
- Develops and maintains an up-to-date and sound knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines offered by the company, DU/LP guidelines, and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans.
- Analyzes and calculates income documentation such as personal and business income statements and ensures all necessary documentation is requested to support final loan decisions.
- Reviews and evaluates borrower(s) profile including but not limited to all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary report, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals.
- Reworks loans to new terms, identifies additional conditions as needed to insure a viable credit decision.
- Determines accuracy and completeness of files; ensures processes are consistent.
- Demonstrates proficiency in automated underwriting systems (DU, LP).
- Maintains a sound knowledge of secondary market activity, practices, and business/industry practices as they impact underwriting quality and origination activity.
- Maintains pre-established service level standard of decisions within a time frame set by the company.
- Communicates regularly with sales team, processors and management.
- Assists in the preparation of repurchase responses and/or rebuttal reviews.
- Exercises good judgment, conducts reasonableness tests and issues quality decisions.
Requirements of the DE Certified Underwriters:
- HS Diploma or GED required, higher education a plus!
- Direct Endorsement (DE) Certification required
- 5+ years of current frontline mortgage DE Underwriting experience
- Proficient in computers including LOS systems, Microsoft Office and Excel
- Understanding of TRID, RESPA, and Predatory Lending
- Secondary market experience a plus!
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
- Ability to work remote with internet, etc. (all equipment company provided)
- Familiar and comfortable with doing refinance loans