We are looking to fill a Paralegal position in the Non Profit space in St. Johns County.This company focuses on giving back to the community and has a great work life balance! If you are looking for a rewarding position with great hours apply here!
Responsibilities of the Paralegal:
- Preparing and filing legal pleadings and related documents. Including familiarity with the procedures for e-filing and e-serving used by the trial and appellate courts in Florida, to include both state and federal courts.
- Reviewing, investigating, collecting data; including electronic filing and scheduling, gathering background information necessary to respond to discovery and unique inquiries and requests; “scrubbing” metadata from documents; coordinating and preparing expert witnesses; coordinating deposition, hearing, and trial preparation.
- Performing basic legal research and reviewing legal documents for proper legal citation.
- Proofreading documents for spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors.
- Using telephonic interpreter services and scheduling sign language interpreters as needed.
- Arranging travel, preparing itineraries, travel authorizations, and travel reimbursements for attorneys.
- Receiving and routing telephone calls, documenting calls/messages in Legal Server, and delivering messages.
- Performing basic legal secretarial duties including maintaining attorney’s calendar, copying, mailing, and filing documents with the court
Requirements for the Paralegal (Family Unit):
- Two years of paralegal work experience.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, G-Mail, Microsoft Outlook and Legal Server.
- Completion of a paralegal training program.
- Ability to use word processing software, paying attention to spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to travel when required
- Skill in typing correspondence, memorandum, reports, legal pleadings and various legal documents with established format