A knowledgeable Medical Assistant is currently needed for a position in Newark, DE!
As the Medical Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting physicians in the examination and treatment of patients as well as performing other clinical and clerical duties in an outpatient setting. This temporary position offers $15 an hour
Responsibilities of the Medical Assistant include:
- Assisting providers in examinations and procedures.
- Processing patient referrals.
- Making sure there is adequate coverage when there are staff shortages.
- Applying ICD9 and CPT 4 codes for billing purposes.
- Communicating between patients, physicians, and other staff.
- Sterilizing medical equipment.
- Ordering unit supplies.
- Performing other work when necessary.
Requirements of the Medical Assistant:
- Graduate of a Medical Office Assistant Program (must be high school graduate)
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Medical Assistant OR equivalent education and experience
- Very knowledgeable of medical terminology and managed care insurance
- Can administer care to all patients, regardless of age, sex, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with computers and basic computer applications like Microsoft Office