CSS is currently seeking a Benefits Representative located in Tempe, AZ.
Location: Tempe, AZ.
Hours: Flexible with hours between 8am and 8pm M-F
- The Benefit Customer Service Representative provides customer service support for client pension and/or health and welfare plans using web-based systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide a high level of customer service support when handling customers’ questions/complaints in respect to defined benefit pension and/or health and welfare plans.
- Quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding expectations (responding in a respectful, accurate, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments)
- Demonstrate flexibility to customize customer service approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities
- Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with HIPAA and Data Privacy laws and company data security requirements
- Proficiently translate health and welfare and pension terms, complex plan information and processes into simple explanations and instructions that customers can understand and act upon.
- Maintain diplomacy and tact while dealing with upset or escalated callers
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and compliance with company and client procedures and guidelines providing appropriate and accurate information
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively using the English language in a customer service setting, including verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of health and welfare and/or defined benefit pension plans a plus
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service setting, at least 2-3 years is preferred
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule (30 – 40 hours/week with some overtime requested; variety of schedule start and end times)
- Fluent in Spanish a plus
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- GREAT work culture
- Get a bonus if they go to work on time everyday
- Run contests on the floor
- One candidate we placed there before made $600 in bonuses
- Have a wall of recognition with all of their employees