Seeking a Direct Hire DE Mortgage Underwriter for a Remote position! Our client company has been around for more than 15 years and is a Nationwide Leader in the Mortgage Industry! As a Mortgage Underwriter, you will primarily be responsible for underwriting mortgage loans in accordance with FHA, HUD, VA, USDA, and JUMBO guidelines!
Responsibilities of a Mortgage Underwriter:
- Uses detailed knowledge of FHA/VA/USDA/JUMBO guidelines to examine and analyze loan documentation for accuracy and completeness and spreads financial statements in preparation for detailed analysis to make decision regarding the borrower’s capacity to repay the loan.
- Uses financial statements, income calculator worksheets, tax returns and debt ratios to identify declining income and other concerns and uses credit expertise to determine reasons for the declining income.
- Determining the overall acceptability of the loan, uses discretion to analyze other parts of the loan package including the appraisal, credit report, collateral, title policies, and inspections, ensuring compliance with FHA/VA/USDA guidelines, including any jurisdictional requirements.
- Relies on independent judgment to stay attuned to warning signs that may indicate irregularities and/or fraud.
- Clearly communicating agency, corporate, and investor guidelines to customers, loan processors, and sales associates.
- After analysis and independent decisions on at least two new files each workday, the underwriter then handles resubmissions and clearing of conditions on prior files underwritten.
- Initiates ongoing follow-up and communication on pending files and will touch an average of 8-10 loans per day, using judgment to prioritize and manage all loans through the process to completion.
- Provides outstanding customer service and interacts with fellow employees in a manner that promotes teamwork and professionalism.
Requirements of a Mortgage Underwriter:
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year college or university in Finance/Business or other related area of study; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must have valid DE/CHUMS ID and VA SAR ID.
- Minimum five years’ experience underwriting FHA/VA Loans
- Experience underwriting USDA loans
- In-depth understanding of processing, underwriting, and closing procedures, and of underwriting systems and their interdependencies.
- Evaluate risk selection, review all potential loan risk factors and identification of potential fraud indicators
- Managing daily underwriting workflow in accordance to client’s deadlines and delivery timetables.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of a variety of loan products and program guidelines.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency with LP/DU AUS systems
- Experience processing Conventional, FHA and VA USDA
Perks of Working with Our Client Company
- Excellent health plans and HSAs
- Dental, Vision, and Life plans
- 401K plan
- Paid Time Off and Holiday pay
Contemporary Staffing Solutions
Why Work Here?CSS is a National Staffing and Recruitment provider specializing in niche recruitment, placing professional talent in Accounting and Finance, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing, Call Center and Office, and Technical positions. At CSS, we consistently strive to meet the needs of our clients and candidates by understanding their expectations to produce the perfect match! We focus on the business growth plan, company culture, and the skill set of the candidate to make a highly effective match.
Medical/Dental/Vision/Life, 401K plan, Bonus Incentive Program, Generous PTO and MORE!