The Senior Network Engineer (Network and Systems Technician I) will develop and maintain functional and secure networks. This person will mentor a team of engineers to troubleshoot and optimize our networks for our clients. In this role, your goal will be to establish networks that cater to customer needs
Supervisory Responsibilities: May be called upon to supervise Field Technicians, and Asst. Field Technicians as needed.
· Potential supervision of team members and address user support needs
· Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
· Configure and install software, servers, routers and other network devices
· Monitor network performance and integrity
· Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
· Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
· Lead oversight on technical issues
· Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
· Maintain complete technical documentation
· Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
· Project Planning
· File and Print Servers
· OS imaging
· Inventory and documentation·
· Review of environment, along with remediation plan(s) to customer to ensure proper expectations are set and met within timelines.
Education and Experience Required:
· Possessed of skills for installing operating systems, such as Windows, UNIX or MacOS, and network components.
· MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
· Expert experience with networking protocols, such as TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, and SMTP, among others.
· MCITP Microsoft Certified IT Professional
· Excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills
· Ability to successfully work as a part of a team, or independently
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
· NYS Driver’s license with clean driving record-able to travel independently to offsite assignments.
· Cisco VOIP,
· Domain administration with a focus on security
· Apple MDM (DEP/VPP)]
· NTFS/Folder share management
Preferred Education and Experience:
· B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science or other related discipline, or 10 plus years of applicable experience.
· CompTIA Net+ and/or CompTIA Security + MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator/Solutions Associate) certification
· Azure Active Directory, Security Engineer Associate certification
Ability to stand for long periods of time. Senior Network Engineer will be required to be physically able to set up and replace computers, monitors, docking stations, etc.
Ability to bend, lift, twist, turn and crawl in/out of tight spaces such as desks, cubicles and ceilings.
Ability to work from ladders and lifts with arms extended above shoulder for extended periods of time
Ability to load, unload and move materials up to 30-40 lbs. without assistance.
Ability to drive at least 20 minutes to work locations as needed.