Loan Officer I (Bilingual)
Contemporaries Rockville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Contemporaries is a staffing firm working closely with a mortgage company located in Rockville, MD. They are currently looking to add a Loan Officer to their team on a permanent basis. This position will be full-time, and in-person at their office in Rockville, MD. This is a great opportunity for those individuals who have been acquainted with the mortgage world, and are looking to continue to gain experience as a Loan Officer. Fitting candidates should have at least 1 year of experience working in the mortgage industry, as well as a high school diploma. Candidates must be bilingual, speaking both English and Spanish fluently.
- Assist assigned loan officers with the collection of required loan documentation.
- Communicate with borrowers, as specifically instructed by loan officer, throughout the loan process.
- Establish loan files in Encompass Software.
- Continuously monitor status of loan files, reviewing for accuracy and completeness.
- Submit loan application, and all related forms, to the assigned processor.
- Assist the assigned underwriter with obtaining outstanding conditions from borrowers.
- Ensure all loan files are moving through the approval process and closing in a timely fashion.
- Handle other special projects as assigned.
- 1 year + of mortgage industry experience.
- High School diploma required.
- Able to speak both English and Spanish fluently.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, cultivate and maintain effective work relationships with Co-workers, management, and the general public is required.
- Must be able to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgement and applying standards consistent with company policies, procedures, regulations and state and federal law as applicable to the mortgage banking industry.
- Ability to offer advice and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information is a must. The ability to handle challenging situations while juggling priorities is required.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Contemporaries