- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Contemporaries is a staffing firm working closely with the National Institutes of Health. We are currently seeking a Lab Technician to work on a long-term contract. This position will require someone who has a college degree in science, with a background preferably in Molecular biology, stem cell biology, gene therapy, genome editing, genetics, or hematology. This position will be in person, on the main campus in Bethesda, MD. Fitting candidates must be able to provide proof of vaccination from Covid-19. Remote work will not be permitted.
Perform a wide range of standard and custom laboratory techniques and independent research under the supervision and guidance of the Director and Manager.
- Plans, executes, and arranges laboratory experiments, new techniques, and procedures; and performs laboratory techniques relating to scientific research.
- Plan and execute experiments for in vitro and in vivo studies, including cell culture, western blotting and immunofluorescence immunohistochemistry.
- Perform flow cytometry-based experiments, including cell preparation, cell sorting and molecular analysis of sorted subsets.
- Operates laboratory machines and instruments; and prepares specimens and equipment for use.
- Performs sample management and storage.
- Analyzes, documents, and reports on all procedures performed.
- Maintains inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments, glassware, and equipment.
- Plan execute and arrange laboratory experiments, new techniques, and procedures; and performs laboratory techniques relating to scientific research.
- Maintains inventory of laboratory supplies and initiates purchase orders.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance.
- Trains staff in performing routine laboratory tests and procedures.
- Prepare training materials and presentations for staff training.
- Provide one on one and group training.
- Provides insights and expertise and recommends new strategies and approaches.
- 3 years of experience performing histology, antibody validation, immuno-histochemistry (IHC), and multiplex immunofluorescence (MF-IHC) biomarker screening.
- 3 years of experience in tissue clearing protocols, in situ hybrization using RNAscope HiPlex and related assays, tissue dissection, and tissue/cell culture.
- 3 years experience with basic animal handling (rats and mice) and standard chromogenic and fluorescence IHC techniques.
- 3 years of experience in Microscopy, and flow cytometry.
- Experience with POTS preferred.
- Experience working with Outlook preferred.
9000 Rockville PikeBethesda, MD
HealthcareView all jobs at Contemporaries