Administrative Assistant III
- Posted: over a month ago
- $25 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
Contemporaries is a government contracting firm working closely with the National Institutes of Health. We are currently looking for candidates to place on a contract with the Office of the Director. This contract is confirmed for at least 1 year, and will be extended long-term. This is a hybrid position that will mainly work under remote conditions, but will be expected to be in the office at times. Fitting candidates should have previous high-level administrative support experience as well as experience planning and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), maintaining tracking systems, setting up spreadsheets for analysis, summarizing data, maintaining SharePoint sites, taking meeting minutes/notes, and editing or proofreading materials. We are seeking to have selected candidates start in this position as soon as they are able to pass the federal background check, and be awarded a federal badge.
- Manage senior staff schedules for two senior advisors.
- Taking notes/minutes for all meeting materials and provide them to staff in advance of meetings and ensure that staff attends meetings on time.
- Maintain SOPs, guidance documents, or instructions associated with programs and systems used by senior advisors.
- Work with staff proofreading, recommending, interpreting, and/or implementing internal administrative policies and procedures.
- Coordinate meetings, mentoring programs, workshops, and courses for staff; schedule conference rooms, and prepare and/or collect/compile materials for presentations, meetings, conferences, and ceremonies.
- Coordinate meeting planning and logistical arrangements, including room and audiovisual reservations, Zoom, WebEx, and other remote connection arrangements. Prepare and transmit agendas and relevant materials; contact and communicate with participants.
- Update shared calendars and databases; coordinate filing of office-wide reports and other activities including class rosters, surveys, committee memberships, and other events.
- Research information requested and provide that information; maintain the status of projects; follow-up on actions through contract with office staff.
- Maintain SOPs, guidance documents, or instructions associated with programs and systems used by or developed by Senior Advisors or other leaders in the organization.
- Prepare SOPs and review for accuracy, maintain knowledge of current regulations, policies, and procedures concerning general administration, organization, procurement, travel, personnel, etc.
- Provide information to program staff on policies and procedures for government travelers and invited guest.
- Set up and format spreadsheets to analyze information.
- Maintain tracking systems; use records management system to ensure proper filing, accountability, storage, and retrieval of files.
- Assemble and summarize data, background information, and other materials from source materials or automated systems.
- Maintain databases for tracking, analyzing, and reporting all activities including professional activities, travel, and project management.
- Maintain contacts database.
- Prepare purchase requests.
- Enter requests for office supplies using POTS.
- Inventory office supplies and equipment; prepare and process purchase requests and maintenance agreements.
- Coordinate with management on special projects.
- Provide a variety of specialized support tasks on an ongoing and ad hoc basis; manage special projects, draft letters and reports, prepare presentations, develop meeting agendas, and create and update spreadsheets and databases.
- Prepare written correspondence in appropriate format or instructions on a variety of administrative issues based on personal knowledge of issues, policies and/or procedures.
- Compile data and create and maintain PowerPoint presentations for presentation utilizing computer programs.
- College degree or high school diploma with 4 years of related work experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Must have experience working with SharePoint.
- Previous experience writing, editing, or managing SOPs.
- Experience creating spreadsheets, and using Microsoft Excel or other programs.
- Experience preparing presentations using MS PowerPoint.
- Ability and experience managing databases.
- Experience managing office inventory and maintenance, preferably using POTS.
- Must have experience managing tracking systems.
- Experience working with foreign or domestic travel, preferably using Concur.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be very organized, and able to manage multiple calendars.
- Previous research experience preferred.
- Experience working with policies preferred.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?