Contegix Sterling, VA
- Expired: July 21, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you looking to join a growing company where you can do the best work of your career? At Contegix we believe in a team environment that promotes the ability to make a difference within the organization. We treat our employees with the same commitment to “Go Beyond” in an environment of respect, collaboration, and dedication to excellence.
Contegix is a strategic advisor for digital applications that improve the customer experience. Contegix provides value to customers through professional services, managed services in our FedRAMP complaint data centers, license management, and our product teams under BlackMesh.
Contegix is looking for an experienced application and/or system administrator, DevOps expert with good experience in the Atlassian tools suite to join our growing ranks of Atlassian Consultants. As part of the Contegix Professional Services Team you will be working with a wide range of customers and helping them to navigate complex business challenges and unique requirements. You will work alongside other consultants on engagements to ensure successful delivery and customer satisfaction.
The right person for the Technical Consultant role has a passion for technology, solving unique and complex problems for large enterprise clients, and a desire to work directly with customers. The ideal candidate has an analytical nature, a knack for troubleshooting, is diligent about solving problems, and is eager to lead large technical projects like migrations, merges, and code development or scripting.
- Support a variety of engagements dealing with discovery, migrations, merges, upgrades, agile transformations, business process improvement, performance tuning, ITSM, DevOps, advanced configuration, customization, custom scripting, and automation with the Atlassian toolset.
- Install and configure Atlassian software (Jira, Confluence, Slack, Bitbucket, Bamboo). Integrate with other tools and teams as needed.
- Participate in requirements gathering workshops with clients
- Bridging the gap between the current value a platform provides to an organization and the potential value a platform can provide.
- Consult with clients to provide options on critical decisions, presenting the risks and benefits of each scenario.
- Encourages sharing knowledge, learning, and mentoring coworkers and clients alike
- Work directly with customers to provide high quality, modern solutions to our clients, utilizing methodologies like Lean and Agile as necessary.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers that utilize Atlassian products and will be responsible for providing excellent customer service through professional written and verbal communication with customers in various roles.
- Install, manage and support various development tools, testing tools and monitoring tools.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and fix issues related to development, applications, application servers.
- Document standard operating and technical procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Atlassian Certification(s)
- Minimum 3 years working knowledge of Linux and Windows servers.
- Minimum 1 year of Solution Architecture experience is a plus!
- Minimum 1 year of experience on the Administrator/Power User level of Atlassian products (specifically JIRA) in a mid-to-large-sized organization.
- Experience performing migrations and other complex projects with the Atlassian tools.
- Consulting experience is a plus. Must be able to discover information, analyze it, and present clear solutions back to a client.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience troubleshooting the Atlassian software stack
- Working with databases
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban, SAFe)
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with DevOps, associated tools, and best practices.
- Experience with tomcat, reverse proxies, and java based application troubleshooting
- Knowledge and hands on experience of Git and SCM
- Experience with build tools like: Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with Ci/Cd tools like Jenkins or Bamboo
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with both customers and team members.
- Self-starter with ability to operate in a high paced and often high visibility environment.
- Deep technical expertise and a desire to always be learning.
Contegix professionals are committed to excellence. We strive to be experts in our chosen fields, and to be knowledgeable consultants who understand our clients’ needs and work creatively to leverage technology for their competitive advantage.
Visit our website for additional information www.contegix.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Contegix participates in the E-Verify program. Therefore, any employment with Contegix will also be contingent upon confirmation from the Social Security Administration (“SSA”) and/or the Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”) of your authorization to work in the United States.
TechnologyView all jobs at Contegix