- Posted: 3 days ago
Location: Washington DC
150 M St NE, Washington DC, 20002
The Department of Justice Civil Rights is seeking an experienced Senior Litigation Paralegal to join a fast moving, extremely active, in-house government legal team. This position is a key role related to supporting various aspects of the company's litigation portfolio including eDiscovery activities, workflow management, and attorney support. This position would be in-office in Washington DC and is a full-time position with benefits included from CGS.
- Performs moderately complex legal research.
- Performs legal research through document discovery: indexes, tracks and controls documents (including documents produced and received in discovery).
- Synopsizes transcripts of hearings and oral arguments for attorney use.
- Reviews case related materials and, for example, identifies potentially conflicting statements or areas requiring further investigation.
- Writes preliminary drafts of simple legal memoranda and correspondence.
- Conducts database reviews in Relativity (including coding/redacting/saved searches /mass tagging).
- Compiles, prepares, and summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys in discovery in preparation of motions, briefs and other legal documents.
- Generate privilege logs and productions.
- Generates witness binders; support onsite trial; interviewing aggrieved persons.
- Requires paralegal certificate or JD, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
- At least two years of relativity and eDiscovery experience; trial experience preferred.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Must be a US Citizen.
This is a job post for a position with CGS. We are a business driven by providing our clients the most exceptional care in the sector. To offer our clients and their patients the best service and care, we take pride in creating the best team of motivated individuals to provide top tier service.
Our staff core values are as follows:
Honesty through hard work and self-awareness, professionalism in all we do, and to deliver the best quality to our consumers, forging those relations for years to come.
For more information about CGS please visit: https://www.cgsfederal.com
Powered by JazzHR
Contact Government Services, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?