Registered Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health (Nights)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CGS is looking for a Behavioral Health - Mental Health RN to provide top tier support to our client and their patients. As a member of our team, you will work collaboratively with a cutting edge multi-disciplinary health care group to promote wellness, maintain current health, and intervene in acute or chronic illness through evidence-based practices. This position involves the assessment and individualized care for our diverse patient population. This is a full-time position and includes a competitive benefit package.
- Consults, follows, and documents with sufficient detail nursing care according to facility policy and procedures. When policies do not comprehensively cover the nursing/administrative practice, initiates supervision with nursing chain of command, medical staff and/or administrator-on-call if afterhours.
- Effectively communicates with the medical staff, receives verbal/written orders, and takes care to minimize abbreviation or other errors.
- Conducts a comprehensive nursing assessment on all patients admitted within eight (8) hours. Corresponding documentation reflects the medical and emotional status, admitting orders and the initial care plan.
- Identifies indicators for reassessment of the patients’ conditions, reaction/responsiveness, and involvement of other disciplines.
- Administers medications, observes compliance/safe administration, consults pharmacy when indicated and records effectiveness or reactions to psychotropic and other medications.
- Safely and accurately performs vital signs, electrocardiograms, phlebotomy/labs and diabetic/glucose monitoring. Interprets results and takes appropriate nursing action.
- Arranges for additional consultations and test, and proactively coordinate transportation when needed.
- Monitors the work of assigned licensed and non-licensed personnel. When indicated initiates a refresher or recertifies competency in nursing processes.
Job Specific Requirements
- NC (or compact) RN license – REQUIRED
- 2 years of behavioral health experience—Preferred
- Ability to work Nights
ABOUT THE FACILITY
Carolina Dunes Behavioral Health is a 112–bed psychiatric hospital located in Southeast North Carolina. This facility underscores our commitment to individuals and family seeking support and treatment with debilitating psychiatric concerns.
*This position is in Leland, NC, minutes from the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge.
Note: In support of CDBHs quality requirements, we require a post-offer drug screen, physical, criminal background review, pre-employment assessment, and conduct original source verification of degrees/certifications of all candidates and reference checks.
Carolina Dunes Behavioral Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
This is a job post for a position with CGS. We are a business driven by providing our clients the most exceptional care in the sector. To offer our clients and their patients the best service and care, we take pride in creating the best team of motivated individuals to provide top tier service.
Our staff core values are as follows:
Honesty through hard work and self-awareness, professionalism in all we do, and to deliver the best quality to our consumers, forging those relations for years to come.
For more information about CGS please visit: https://www.cgsfederal.com
Powered by JazzHR
Contact Government Services, LLC
HealthcareView all jobs at Contact Government Services, LLC