- Posted: 4 days ago
Location: Camp Springs MD, 20746
The Mega 5 Litigation Support Team at Leidos is currently supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in seeking a Paralegal to join our team. Paralegals will assist with more than 12,000 new filings of litigation in three categories: Mandamus litigation, Visa Petition Appeals and Complex and Class Action litigation. This position will entail a wide range of legal services including research, drafting, document review, and litigation support.
- Organize, update and ensure completeness of individual litigation files.
- Compile, prepare, and summarize relevant materials for use by attorneys in in preparation of the appeal.
- Monitor attorney duty mailboxes to identify new mandamus litigation filings, record them in data management systems, and forward them to the appropriate parties as required.
- Compile and prepare certified administrative records (CAR) for complex litigation, including APA and class action litigation.
- Perform all systems checks including, but not limited to, National Files Tracking System (NFTS), Computer Linked Application Information Management System (CLAIMS), Person Centric Query System (PCQS), Tableau.
- Paralegals will conduct all necessary research and correspondence between the DOJ and the customer operational client to see the case through to completion.
- Receive Records of Proceedings (ROPs) or Electronic Records of Proceedings (eROPs) from the customer operational client and update required electronic systems (including PMT and CLAIMS/NFTC etc.) to indicate receipt.
- Use a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Summarize depositions and other transcripts for further case preparation. Index, track and control document discovery (including documents produced and received in discovery). Create indexes, and track exhibits and other materials in preparation for hearings.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires Paralegal certificate, JD, or currently attending an ABA-accredited law school, having completed at least one year of study.
- At least one year of litigation paralegal experience required, trial experience is preferred. Basic knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Use legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw to perform basic legal research as it relates to the Mandamus litigation, Visa petition appeal, and Class Action Cases.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS ARE PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Federal Security Clearance of Public Trust or higher
- Automated litigation support experience valued.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- 2+ years legal support experience
- Trial Support Experience
This is a job post for a position with CGS. We are a business driven by providing our clients the most exceptional care in the sector. To offer our clients and their patients the best service and care, we take pride in creating the best team of motivated individuals to provide top tier service.
Our staff core values are as follows:
Honesty through hard work and self-awareness, professionalism in all we do, and to deliver the best quality to our consumers, forging those relations for years to come.
For more information about CGS please visit: https://www.cgsfederal.com
Powered by JazzHR
Contact Government Services, LLC
AddressCamp Springs, MD
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?