IT Project Manager
- Posted: 6 days ago
CGS is looking for an IT Project Manager to assist with the design, development, and oversight of various ongoing efforts in the IT department of a large federal entity . The PM will participate in project design, assist with development of project plans, assess available resources, and implement the management plans for new and ongoing projects. The candidate for this position should have a strong understanding of Agile project management principles for both large and small projects as well as be experienced and comfortable with acting as team lead or primary liaison for project information.
Some example job duties and responsibilities include:
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value
- Organize and lead project status and working meetings
- Prepare and distribute progress reports
- Manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Define and develop initiatives for continuous business process improvements and monitoring
- Manage the team in making business decisions relating to system implementation, modification and maintenance
- Develop and update business process documentation for testing and training management
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for agile project management
- Deliver an agile transformation plan to move from current state to a desired state
- Use standard project performance metrics to assess and evaluate the program
- Aid in the implementation and facilitation of the use of agile tools, guidelines and metrics in order to achieve a standardized approach to agile team project execution
- Monitor the overall cost, control, adherence to schedules, and technical quality of work
- Prepare and provide technical analysis reports as directed by the Agency to support discussions
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Information systems or a related discipline.
- The proposed candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in project management.
The proposed candidate must have:
- At least 5 years of experience in managing IT related projects and must demonstrate a leadership role in at least 3 successful projects that were delivered on time and on budget.
- Knowledge in system integration using Application Program Interface (API) management technologies, and a working knowledge of the RESTful APIs platform, API design and development on the cloud as well as on-premise environments.
- Experience in RDBMS and NoSQL database development experience with strong fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing Agile scrum team with developers, testers and DevOps team using Agile processes and practices.
- Experience working with public agency interfaces.
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS ARE PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- A Master’s Degree or project management certification.
- Experience in health and human services domains such as eligibility, enrollment, Medicaid, child welfare, child support systems.
- Experience building complex software systems with one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Knowledge of best practices for the full Agile SDLC, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Integration experience with financial management systems.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, mobile application development, information retrieval, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Industry certifications/licences
Contact Government Services strives to simplify and enhance government bureaucracy through the optimization of human, technical, and financial resources. We combine cutting edge technology with world class personnel to deliver customized solutions that fit specific needs and solve the most challenging, dynamic problems. Our team emphasizes technical expertise and an empathy to public service to provide unique top tier support for our government engagements.
SOME BENEFITS OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
Health, Dental, & Vision insurance
Flexible Spending Account (Health, Dependent Care, and Commuter)
Paid Time Off & Observance of State/Federal Holidays
For more information about CGS please visit: https://www.cgsfederal.com
Powered by JazzHR
Contact Government Services, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?