ConsumerTrack is unique in the digital marketing and media industry - we combine marketing, digital, content and fintech. Our performance based approach increases brand awareness and generates targeted audience engagement on our internal web properties and partner sites.
Learn More About What We Do
ConsumerTrack, Inc., is seeking a PR & Earned Media Specialist to help grow media coverage for its consumer personal finance website, GOBankingRates.com.
GOBankingRates, which receives 2-3 million monthly website visitors, is dedicated to empowering readers to tackle their money goals and helping them to Live Richer. Our studies, surveys and feature articles are regularly featured on and touted by top-tier media outlets, including MSN, Yahoo!, AOL, Business Insider, CNBC, USA Today and hundreds of other news outlets and blogs.
This is a hybrid public relations and SEO role for someone looking to learn about and closely partner with SEO strategists, content creators, outreach/PR professionals, major media outlets, bloggers, top-tier finance companies and other groups that specialize in personal finance.
Applicants should be passionate about learning, and have experience in public relations/media outreach; exposure to SEO strategies is a big plus! The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, strong communicator (particularly in his/her writing), digital media savvy, detail oriented and analytical. He/She will be passionate about news trends and storytelling.
The primary function of the PR & Earned Media Specialist is to manage day-to-day earned media tasks which support the overall PR/outreach and SEO team strategies.
This role includes independent projects and researching, as well as working collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team with outreach, content and SEO colleagues.
- Collaborate with editorial, SEO and research teams to fine tune and execute a content strategy focused on media placement and external back-link acquisition.
- Build media contact lists in Cision as well as by web searching. Identify media targets, research the topics they specialize in and find contact information for journalists, editors, bloggers, freelance writers and other contacts who create educational and news content on personal finance topics.
- Help monitor earned media mentions paying particular attention to news coverage that includes back-links to content on the GOBankingRates.com website. Help keep reporting up to date and properly tagged.
- Support the teams competitor analysis to identify patterns within their study and survey reporting as well as their earned media coverage. Share insights with cross functional stakeholders to inform outreach, SEO and content strategies.
- Draft email pitch templates for contact lists as well as for individual contacts; work with manager and peers to optimize for highest response rate from the media.
- After a successful first 90 days in the role, the PR & Media Outreach Specialist will also begin to directly pitch target contacts and work to build his/her own relationships. The main goal of this outreach will be to secure back-link placements on high domain authority websites mentioning and linking back to content on www.gobankingrates.com.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in public relations, journalism, media, communications, and/or search engine marketing
- A Bachelor's Degree in communication, marketing, journalism or a related field
- Creativity and sense of initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (through writing and verbally in meetings with peers)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Strong multitasking skills; ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity; we pride ourselves in having a team that exudes leadership, high initiative, creativity, and passion.
- Awesome medical, dental and vision plans with heavy employer contribution.
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Flexible time/work from home (for eligible employees)
- Company funding for outside classes and conferences to help you improve your skills.
- Contribution to Student Loan Debt after the first year of employment.
- 401K. Employee can start contributing immediately. After the first year, CTI contributes 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of salary deferrals in excess of 3% up to 5%
We are an equal-opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.