We are the local branch of a well-known consumer products and services company. We are currently seeking a creative, independently driven, dynamic and energetic individual with experience in both in-home sales and sales-driven management to lead and grow a local outside sales team! The outside sales teams are based out of our offices in near San Jose in California.
Sales Manager Job Purpose: Lead a sales team to achieve revenue and profitability goals of the dealership. Focus on mentoring, motivating, and coaching sales team to achieve product growth goals and market share gains. Create and implement sales strategies, trains the sales team, and encourages profit-driven practices in order to meet and exceed revenue goals.
Essential Job Duties:
- Achieve annual revenue and gross profit quotas.
- Implement sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for sales team.
- Collaborate internally to ensure new business development goals are supported cross functionally within the organization.
- Builds and maintains industry expertise
- Develop field sales action plans which are to be verified by using “ride alongs” with sales team members.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price as determined by current local market forces.
- Maintains sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, conducting performance reviews, weekly sales meetings and training employees. Training new and current sales reps in opening/closing, lead generation, and maintaining customer relations.
- Maintains sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, encouraging a team culture throughout the office and create incentives for sales reps to achieve beyond their goals while minimizing turnover.
Skills/Qualifications:Self-motivated high energy individual. History of meeting and/or exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual Sales Goals, Negotiation, Selling to Customer Needs, Motivation for Sales team by identifying individual drivers, Sales Planning, Building Relationships, Coaching, Managing Processes, Market Knowledge, Developing Budgets, and Staffing.
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School diploma/GED, 4-year diploma preferred.
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum 4 years supervisory/management experience preferably in direct, residential, or outside sales.
Special Knowledge/Skills and/or Abilities:
- Demonstrate success selling directly to consumers in their homes and performing field training with sales consultants in this environment is highly desired
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills. (oral and written)
- Ability to self-start and team-build.
- Demonstrated proficiency with multi-tasking alongside time management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, financial acumen, and attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency. (Microsoft preferred)