Policy Analyst (AI)
- $75,000 to $90,000 Yearly
CR is currently seeking a Policy Analyst (AI) to join our Advocacy team! As a Policy Analyst (AI) you will identify, research, recommend and help initiate and advance actions on relevant AI, privacy, platform accountability, and related tech policy issues. The Policy Analyst (AI) will develop, analyze, and respond to legislative proposals on cutting-edge technology products and services. If you have a love for technology policu and are looking for a new challenge CR wants to hear from you.....apply today!
Application deadline: July 23,2023
Under our CRFlex program, this is a hybrid position and is eligible for remote work up to 90%. The successful candidate must reside within 75 miles of one of our main CR office locations (Yonkers, NY, Washington D.C., or Colchester, CT). Eligible for Fully Remote if you are located in CA.
THIS POSITION IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR SPONSORSHIPHOW YOU'LL MAKE AN IMPACT:
As Policy Analyst (AI) you will identify research, recommend and help initiate actions on relevant policy issues. As Policy Analyst (AI) you will recommend strategy to advance Consumer Reports policy objectives and develop legislative and political strategies on artificial intelligence, platform responsibility, right to repair and other related tech policy issues.ABOUT YOU:
You’ll Be Highly Rated If:
- You have a bachelor’s degree - with a minimum of 2 years’ experience (may be substituted for equivalent educational experience)
- You have excellent interpersonal skills - you possess the ability to work with individuals, groups and organizations across the political spectrum to build relationships.
- You have strong analytical - written and communications skills.
- You have experience with technology - and/or artificial intelligence.
- You demonstrate ability - to speak, write and present information in a clear, concise and compelling manner that is tailored to a particular audience.
You’ll Be One of Our Top Picks If:
- You have an advanced degree - in Law, Government, or Computer Science
- You have worked with Congress - or an executive branch of government as well as have legislative experience working in or as an advocate before Congress. You have lobbying experience
#LI-hybridWHO WE ARE:Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to a fair and just marketplace for consumers. Our team is made up of truth tellers, change agents, and consumer advocates who investigate and build coalitions to fight for fairness and justice in the marketplace. We leverage our evidence-based approach to demand safer products, a healthier environment, and equitable services for everyone. Our mission starts with you. We offer medical benefits from that start on your first day as a CR employee that include behavioral health coverage and unlimited sick days. There’s also generous family planning benefits and a generous 401K match. Learn more about how CR’s advocates for strong benefits on behalf of their employees here: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/careers/landing-page/index.htm FAIR PAY & A JUST WORKPLACE:At Consumer Reports, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The target salary range for this position is $75k to $90k. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. Compensation for the successful candidate will be informed by the candidate’s particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience.Consumer Reports proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
Consumer ReportsWashington, DC
GovernmentView All Consumer Reports Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.