Laboratory Assistant Analytical Chemistry
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
One of the nation’s largest independent testing facilities seeks a Laboratory Assistant for our Analytical Chemistry Lab with a minimum 1 year of experience in a GMP regulated facility.
Job Type: Full-time. Base Hours: 7:30AM – 4:30PM Monday through Friday
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, and meet the educational and experience requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for miscellaneous tasks throughout the lab, including cleaning, ordering, discarding of solutions, organizing supplies, and retrieving and returning samples from sample storage. This includes all of the following:
- Clean, dry and store glassware for laboratory use
- Clean laboratory equipment, benches and facility, as required
- Prepares cleaning solutions in accordance with detailed procedures and instructions
- Transports laboratory solvent wastes and/or samples to appropriate storage rooms, as required
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods
- Assist with inventory process for laboratory
- Check the expiration dates of the standards, and chemicals; remove the expired chemicals, & dispose of them according to SOP’s
- Perform basic lab techniques, to assist Analytical Chemists/Management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Some college science courses preferred
- At least one year experience in bio/pharmaceutical laboratory
- Strong communication skills, written and oral, with an attention to detail
- Basic computer skills, with a focus on Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
OTHER KNOWEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Work efficiently, and perform responsibilities in compliance with GMP, work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures
- Self motivated and have the ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Ability to learn new techniques, multitask, and be adaptable, with a positive attitude
- Ability to wear/use personal protective equipment as required, such as lab coat, goggles, gloves, masks, etc.
- Have organized and logical thinking
- Capable of working in a fast paced environment
On an average 8-hour day this position requires the ability to walk, sit and stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms at or above shoulder height and below waist height, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch; talk, hear, and smell. This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements including reading of written documents, visual inspection of materials, and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Consumer Product Testing Company, Inc.
70 New Dutch LaneFairfield, NJ
HealthcareView all jobs at Consumer Product Testing Company, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?