The Facilities Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring every facet of the ammonia refrigeration system in each facility meets all Federal, State, and Local Government Regulations and that our facilities are inspection ready at all times. They will also lead site projects to close gaps identified through the audit process in addition to other regulatory requirements.
Training, Planning & Execution
· Ensures training requirements for ammonia operators are established and followed and assists in training as needed. Able to train to technician level.
· Trains plant personnel and contractors on the risks of working around ammonia on an annual basis
· Plans and coordinates required PHAs, compliance audits, refresher training, etc to maintain regulatory compliance
· Executes on compliance projects at each of the facilities
Food & Employee Safety
· Ensures all employees are trained on the risk of ammonia refrigeration
· Maintains contractor safety training and ensures it is maintained up to date
· Partners with maintenance teams to ensure permitted work is documented and reviewed properly
SOPs & Audits
· Ensures standard operating procedures are written and up to date for all applicable tasks and ensures operators have read and understand these procedures.
· Conducts routine ammonia compliance audits and tracks the performance of the necessary repairs.
· Ensures each of our facilities is audit ready at all times
Communication & Leadership
· Communicates to local and State regulators, contractors, vendors, and corporate ammonia network
· Communicates to all levels of plant personnel including training to awareness level of HAZCOM / PSM
Coaching & Development
· Coaches contractors and plant personnel on all regulatory requirements and the importance of documentation
· Maintains accurate record of investigation reports and ensure corrective actions are tracked and completed in a timely manner.
· Ensure all PHA and audit findings have clear action items and due date
· Provides leverage to the National Facilities Manager by managing other projects as assigned regarding refrigeration or other facilities-related tasks
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
· Associate degree in refrigeration technology or equivalent preferred. Relevant experience may substitute for education requirements.
· Minimum of two years experience with PSM implementation and system maintenance.(preferred)
· Minimum of two years experience as an ammonia operator preferred.
· Understanding of PSM and RMP regulations.
· Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
· Project manager experience preferred