360 Rail Services, LLC is a locally owned and operated Railroad design, maintenance and construction company. Headquartered in Englewood, CO with jobsites in states East and West, we serve a variety of industries including, but not limited to Energy, Agriculture, Aggregate, and Transit.
360 Rail Services is seeking a Roadway/Rail Designer for our office in Englewood, CO to support our expanding Engineering Business Unit. The ideal candidate will be an experienced roadway designer with knowledge and understanding of roadway and civil design fundamentals. 360 encourages self-motivation, out of the box thinking, problem solving, reliability, drive, enthusiasm, team comradery and will provide opportunities for every employee to achieve their full potential as a valuable member of our team. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package that includes health and dental, which is 100% paid for the employee and 50% paid for the family, and paid time off.
The Designer position will assist project engineers and will provide design services to the project focusing on roadway and track.
· Work with engineering team in developing preliminary and final design plans and details.
· Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
· Use Bentley Micro Station Power Roads or Open Roads ( SS4 experience preferred) / AutoCAD, and 3D modeling software;
· Produce documents with MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Preparing and checking project design, calculations, and drawings
· Preparing engineering reports and contract documents
· Gain proficiency with construction plans production
· Understand the process for development of a project cost estimate
· Executing design and layout tasks
· Reviewing related designs, layouts, and drawings.
· A CAD Technical Degree or equivalent AA degree required
· At least 10 years design/drafting experience on roadway/rail projects is required
· Requires little technical supervision of tasks by senior staff
· Complete tasks and projects within established supervisors timelines
· Understand the concepts of geometry design
· Understand the development of pay item quantities and calculations
· Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities
· Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience with OpenRoads and Microstation Corridor Modeler strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to see a project through to completion
· Design experience or Design-Build project experience a plus
· General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for civil work
· Read and understand construction documents
· The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with Engineers and Designers
· Must be able to effectively prioritize
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer