Cost Accounting Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $110,000 Yearly
Fast-growing food services company seeks a Cost Accounting Specialist to joint their team. Offers the opportunity to work from a Home Office in SE FL or from their Miami Corp. Office.The Cost Accounting Specialist will be primarily responsible for recording invoices from our suppliers in our ERP system and recording landed costs for the items we sell. Additional duties are reconciling statements, AP and inventory analysis and check runs. Intermediate to advanced excel skills as well as critical thinking is a must. The Cost Accounting Specialist reports to the Accounting Manager. This position affords the opportunity to join America's fastest growing job sector while gaining valuable experience in both food distribution and manufacturing. The position offers exposure to all facets of the company as the employee will be working in coordination with all departments. Comp plan includes a Salary of up to $110,000, plus Bonus Opportunities- End of Year based on overall KPI's.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Independent, self-motivated individual that has a passion for solving puzzles.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with a habit of checking and double-checking any work before submitting it for review.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills who is able to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information quickly and accurately.
- Team player with the ability to work across team functions to bring the best possible outcomes forward.
Responsibilities:· Ensures timely and accurate Product Vendor invoices' entries in SAP.
· Ensures timely and accurate landed cost entries in SAP.
· Ensures timely and accurate A/P entries for other vendors in SAP.
· Receives and handles vendor's calls in both languages Spanish and English.
· Prepares and submit weekly reconciliations updates to the Accounting Manager.
· Ensures completeness and accuracy of general ledger entries.
· Performs weekly AP audits.
· Assists Accounting Manager on month end duties.
· Supports the Company's year-end audit process by preparing supporting documentation and schedules as requested.
· Runs monthly check's batches.
· Performs additional accounting, financial and other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience.· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Teams and specifically with Excel.
· SAP B1 knowledge is a bonus.
· The person in this position frequently communicates with staff, vendors, and clients regarding accounts payable processes/procedures. Must be able to always exchange accurate information in these situations.
What company has to Offer:
- A work environment with talented, smart, and fun colleagues.
- Professional growth opportunities.
- Employer contribution towards Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for all regular full-time employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) profit-sharing plan, with employer-paid contributions.
- Paid holidays each year.
- PTO (paid time off).
- Fully stocked kitchen with gourmet coffee machines, healthy and indulgent breakfast foods and snacks of all kinds.
- Quarterly catered lunches and team building activities.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily require the use of telework. The company may require employees to return to regular, in-office work in accordance with state and local public health guidelines. Some "perks" will not be available during telework arrangements.
Many of our job openings can be viewed at https://consultativesg.crelate.com/portal
Consultative Search Group
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Consultative Search Group