Horizontal Directional Drilling Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Collaborate with Division Management during the Construction Phase on all projects.
- Read and Interpret Construction Plans and Specifications.
- Mentor less experienced team members on the daily duties required to effectively manage the project.
- Oversight of the creation and monitoring of Project Schedules and production of progress updates.
- Be capable of managing financial and technical aspects of projects.
- Identify constructability issues through the estimating process.
- Work with your Team's existing Owners, Architects, Engineers, and Subcontractors to establish long-term relationships to identify and obtain future project opportunities.
- Guide the research and recommendation of resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts and errors.
- Assist the team with Submittals, RFI's, Change Order Proposals, Owner Billings, Subcontractor/Vendor Billings, Monthly reports, etc.
- Ensure the preparation of timely Owner Billings via the verification of work-in-place quantities/billings from Subcontractors and Suppliers.
- Verify the production of accurate monthly cost projections which forecast total estimated costs at completion.
- Assist in obtaining bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Prepares production reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage installation/repair/maintenance associated with underground utilities
- Able to demonstrate ability to supervise and assist in the activities of drilling crew towards achieving production goals following customer guidelines and specifications
- Ability to analyze construction documents and relevant information and apply analysis to budget development
- Ability to communicate orally and document in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to process written and other materials visually.
- Ability to work on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in all Microsoft products
- Bluebeam preferred
- AutoCAD a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study or equivalent preferred
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in commercial construction preferred, but not required
ConstructionView all jobs at Construction