General Description: Bear Development is seeking an experienced and talented Project Manager. The Project Manager functions as the integral part of the development team and will be responsible for oversight and execution of development projects from initial project conception, through entitlement, closing, construction and stabilized occupancy.
Job Goal: The Project Manager will lead the development team through all development functions and deliver high quality finished projects within assigned timeframes and budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create and meticulously follow a project schedule to ensure all aspects of the development are coordinated and completed on a timely basis.
- Site analysis & selection including detailed review of WI/IL qualified allocations plans as it relates to 4% and 9% low-income housing tax credit developments.
· Create financial models to determine financial feasibility and maintain models to ensure desired financial results
- Determine optimal financial structure for assigned projects
- Identify and secure the funding necessary for the development (e.g. debt, equity, tax credits, grants, tax incremental financing)
- Execute and submit applications for all necessary funding sources
- Work with the construction, architecture and engineering team on site and building design.
- Prepare RFQ/RFP responses.
- Manage and maintain responsibility for necessary entitlements and permits
- Selection and oversight of third party professionals for assigned projects (e.g. architect, engineering, legal, environmental, survey, etc.)
- Process and track development expenses and requisitions with support from accounting staff
- Attend any and all development team meetings for assigned projects, site meetings, public and community meetings, etc.
- Oversight and management of financial closing of equity and debt with assigned projects
Ideal candidates will have experience with development of affordable housing projects and market rate multi-family housing projects, with an ability to successfully source and close these transactions. The individual must have the ability to work both independently and with the project development team while managing all elements of assigned projects.
Relevant skills and experience should include:
- Four (4) Year Degree/Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, with a preference for those with experience with low-income housing tax credits
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with a passion for real estate development
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to keep multiple projects active at once with established deadlines and excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage a sizeable development team of internal and external contributors
- Strong verbal, written communication and negotiation skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook; advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Argus is a plus.
In order to ensure a quick response to your inquiry; when applying on-line for this role, kindly include the following information:
· Current/desired salary
About the Company:
Located in Kenosha, Wisconsin – Bear Development, LLC is a family owned development company which prides itself on a rich history of providing innovative solutions to complicated real estate developments. Since 1986, Bear has been involved in the acquisition and development of residential, multifamily, hospitality, retail, office and industrial projects and currently owns and manages real estate in 13 states.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Vacation and Personal days
• Employer matching 401k retirement plan
• Bonus and Incentive Opportunities
• And Much More!
Bear Real Estate Group provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.