Construction Estimating Institute is seeking an instructor to provide training and technical assistance to individuals working in the construction industry. The selected individual will teach group training classes in the areas of estimating, project management and construction business management, and will provide one-on-one assistance to small and start-up construction firms on those same topics.The individual selected for this position will work primarily with small construction firms involved in road and highway projects. Travel in a wide geographic area is required; you must be able to travel outside of the office for training classes, meetings, conferences, and other job-related commitments.
- Conduct group training sessions in the areas of construction management, project estimating, bid preparation, business administration, project management and more.
- Provide one-on-one coaching and training in the areas of business administration, bid preparation, project estimating and scheduling, marketing and more.
- Assist firms with obtaining bonding and financing.
- Design training materials.
- Recruit and encourage small contractors to participate in Department of Transportation projects.
- Facilitate the development of firms’ relationships with prime contractors.
- Engage in advocacy for small construction firms by developing and promoting public awareness of CEI’s programs and services. This may require speaking at area events.
- Travel throughout the geographic area served. Early morning and evening meetings may be required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in construction management, business, accounting, sales and marketing or a related field or equivalent business experience (significant, successful small business ownership or management may be substituted for academic qualifications)
- Significant, successful construction business ownership or management may be substituted for academic qualifications.
- Three years with progressively responsible positions in construction management
- Experience in the following computer systems: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Two or more years of ownership or senior management of a construction business
- Experience in Department of Transportation highway projects is preferred
- Public speaking and/or teaching experience
- Competitive salary
- Paid health insurance
- Paid vacations
- Retirement plan