Hudson County NJ construction support firm seeks an active “hands-on” Office Manager. This position is primarily responsible for answering phone and directing calls while providing administrative support for the Human Resources, Client Services and Marketing Departments. The Office Manager will also oversee other general administrative functions and any events or activities in the office.
The ideal candidate will have prior administrative experience working in an office supporting multiple departments and multiple levels of employees. He/she greets visitors and should present an accessible and approachable tone and demeanor as well as have excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will have strong computer skills with a mastery of Microsoft Office Suite or similar program. The ideal candidate has a healthy initiative and can anticipate needs.
- Telephone – Serve as the first point of contact for all incoming telephone calls. Answer incoming calls in a professional manner and direct calls to the appropriate parties.
- Administrative Support – Provide administrative support as needed to the Human Resources, Clients Services and Marketing Departments.
- Ensure Employee Behavioral Compliance - With proper training, ensure employees adhere to new public health practices and protocols.
- Supplies – Order and maintain all office-related supplies, including furniture, letterhead and new supplies as needed. Deliver or order food or drinks as needed for events.
- Manage – Organize company events, meetings, and conferences. Supervise, monitor and delegate work to administrative staff as needed. Administer the office file and record retention system.
- Coordination – Arrange and book travel and accommodations. Respond to correspondence, complaints and inquiries. Provide other administrative tasks such as sorting and distributing mail, arranging the shipment of correspondence and packages and preparing documents.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; Associate degree preferred
- Three years of previous office management experience
- Superb communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite or similar application
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm
- Any rudimentary IT skills a plus
Why Work Here?
Join our dynamic team. There's room for growth and we'll invest in you!