Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Constellation Health Services is a 5 Star CMS Rated Home Care Agency!
Certified Great Place to Work For in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022
One of the Top 25 Places to Work for in Healthcare!
Constellation is a family-owned, family-centered organization that has remained true to our commitment to providing the best patient experience and the highest quality outcomes. We believe this is accomplished by ensuring that everyone we connect with feels valued, trusted, and heard. Our staff are vital to our success, and we have devoted ourselves to providing the best possible patient care through a vibrant, diverse, and talented core of clinicians.
We’re looking for a Physical Therapist Assistant that will be responsible for providing physical therapy services, under the supervision of a registered Physical Therapist and whose license is in good standing, to patients in their homes, in accordance with a written Plan of Care established by a physician. The Physical Therapist Assistant supports the philosophy, goals and culture of Constellation Health Services.
- Graduate from an accredited physical therapy assistant educational program as set by the Commission on Accreditation of Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a physical therapy assistant in the state of NY.
- Must meet all requirements for regulatory compliance in good standing.
- Has a minimum of one year of clinical experience.
- Previous home care experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable transportation.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Some rotating weekend days required and one summer and one winter holiday.
- Plans with patient, family and physician for on-going home health services.
- Assists the physician in evaluating the patient’s level of function.
- Initiates, reviews and implements the PT Care Plan for each patient based on the assessment and prescribed Plan of Care and revises when indicated.
- Assists in developing and renewing the Plan of Care.
- Provides skilled PT services
- Teaches and supervises the patient and family in the home environment.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative PT procedures.
- Observes, evaluates and reports on patient’s physical and emotional status to other team members and the attending physician whenever change occurs, including reaction to treatment and drugs.
- Provides patient progress reports to attending physician whenever there is a change in the patient’s condition or at least every 60 days.
- Maintains clinical records for each patient receiving care. Clinical and progress notes include observation, treatments, response to treatment, teaching activities, changes in patient status. Indications of progress, proposed plan of continuing care and justification of continuation, and other pertinent data.
- May act as liaison with institutions to promote continuity of care as the patient moves from one level of care to another.
- Participates in in-service training programs.
- Coordinates physical therapy with all other professional services involved in patient care.
- When appropriate, provides direction and supervision to the home health aide regarding simple physical therapy exercises and techniques.
- Supervised by a Physical Therapist. At least every thirty (30) days, the therapy assistant shall confer with the registered physical therapist. The conference shall be documented in the patient’s clinical record and shall include a review of the current patient care plan and any appropriate modifications to the treatment regime.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Why Choose Constellation Health Services?
- Very competitive salary
- Generous paid vacation, sick and personal time
- A rich benefits package, including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) plan with company matching options
- Work/Life balance
- Professional liability coverage
- Mileage reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Bonus potential
- iPad to record all documentation
- Comprehensive training
- Open communication with supervisors and management
- Company sponsored activities
Constellation Health Services
AddressForest Hills, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Constellation Health Services
Get fresh Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!