Mechanic II is responsible for providing hands-on maintenance and repair services to all areas of distillery operations including equipment, infrastructure, fixtures, furnishings and buildings under moderate supervision. Performs routine and preventative maintenance of all distillery equipment under moderate supervision.
- Under moderate supervision perform skilled, complex troubleshooting, repair, modification, installation, and preventative maintenance on buildings, facilities, distillery and/or bottling equipment, vehicles, fixtures, and systems.
- Under moderate supervision performs routine and preventative maintenance of all distillery facilities to include but not limited to: pumps, hoses, valves & fittings, storage racks, filters, centrifuges.
- Under moderate supervision performs routine and preventative maintenance of all distillery facilities to include but not limited to: Water supply and distribution; Wastewater and storm-water systems and processes; Heating and cooling systems; space conditioning systems; compressed air and gases production storage and distribution; Buildings - production, offices and visitors center.
- Under moderate supervision perform routine and preventative repair and maintenance of all distillery vehicles to include but not limited to: Lift-trucks; Flatbed & dump trucks < 26,000lb GVW; Vans & pick ups.
- Perform skilled welding, electrical repair, fabrication, mechanical repair, basic refrigeration and HVAC repair, liquid and gas plumbing, and other mechanical tasks.
- Read and interpret most schematics for electrical, mechanical, piping, fabrication and construction projects.
- Train Mechanic I workers to advance their skills.
- Responsible for compliance with CBI sustainability policies and practices, which are economically viable, socially acceptable and environmentally sound. This is done by supporting programs at each location for conservation, energy efficiency, and recycling, which are critical for our operations to achieve tangible environmental results.
- Follow safe operating procedures, support safety programs and policies to safeguard personal safety, company property, environmental and team member's safety.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 2-5 Years of Maintenance Experience Required
- Forklift Certified
- LOTO/Confined Space Experience
- Valid CA Driver's License
- Basic Welding Skills - TIG & MIG
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Plumbing, electrical and fabrication experience
- Ability to read blue prints and troubleshoot
- 5+ Years Experience
- Food & Beverage Facility Maintenance Experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Physical Requirements: The employee frequently is required to sit, talk or listen and drive long distances. The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. Frequent walking, including going up and down stairs and ladders, and bending are required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy. Involves exposure to hazardous conditions. Irregular shifts, including graveyard, and long hours may be required, particularly during harvest.
- Travel Required: None
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaOperations and Production
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).