Emergency Management Exercise Planner
- Posted: over a month ago
Our mission is to make this world a safer place. CONSTANT is an award-winning disaster and crisis management consulting firm. We bring a tenured history of helping clients across all levels of government and the private sector prepare for catastrophic disasters and acts of terrorism. We have an enviable client base that spans private and public sectors - from the Federal government to the world of entertainment.
We believe that the health of our company is directly attributed to the common belief in our mission, the embodiment of our core values, and our contribution to the greater fabric of the communities that we serve. We are deeply committed to product excellence and superior customer service, providing a platform for our employees to thrive and prosper, and embodying a sense of grit-meets-grace that fuels our entrepreneurial spirit. Learn more about CONSTANT here: www.constantassociates.com.
About this Opportunity
In this role, you will serve as a key planner for the National Level Exercise Program working directly with the FEMA National Exercise Division (NED). The National Level Exercise (NLE) is the Nation's premiere cornerstone exercise for validating progress toward a national culture of preparedness and provides an opportunity for all levels of government, the private sector, nongovernmental organizations, and community groups to test capabilities and foster meaningful interaction and communication.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support FEMA's mission of helping people before, during, and after disasters, including equity-based approaches to strengthen readiness of all residents, regardless of socioeconomic factors.
- Provide expertise in exercise planning, conduct, evaluation - including scenario design.
- Build and strengthen relationships between the local, state, and regional stakeholders with the core project team at FEMA NED headquarters.
- Understand and explore stakeholder needs Support the project manager with ongoing NLE activities, mitigating risks and providing innovative solutions, ideas, and recommendations.
- Ensure high quality customer service, deliverables, and products.
- 6-8 years of professional experience with 4 years of experience in an emergency management related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, guidelines issued by DHS, FEMA, EPA, OSHA, and directives related to emergency preparedness, infrastructure protection, and homeland security at a level sufficient to test and validate emergency preparedness policies, programs, and procedures.
- Experience designing, developing, conducting, and evaluating exercises using the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) methodology, with emphasis on Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) and inject development to support stakeholder exercise objectives.
- Experience leading projects and small teams.
- Ability to work in a team environment, conduct research and analysis, and develop high quality written reports and briefings.
- Must be located in the Washington, DC area.
- Willing to travel up to 25%.
- Education - Bachelor's degree.
- Education - Master's Degree or emergency management certifications.
- Certifications: Associate Emergency Manager, Certified Emergency Manager, Associate Business Continuity Planner, Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program, Master Exercise Practitioner Program.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation based on the capability of the candidate.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Healthcare (for California-based employees and stipend)
- Employee Assistance Program "EAP" (company paid)
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401(k) with Generous Employer Match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Ten (10) Paid Holidays
- AFLAC Critical Illness, Hospital, Accident Plans
- Volunteer Paid Time Off
- Professional Development
- Work From Home Stipend
- Life and AD&D Insurance (company paid)
- Short and Long Term Disability (company paid)
CONSTANT is certified as an 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Woman Owned Small Business (EDWOSB). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. CONSTANT is also a Great Place To Work certified organization.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?