Utility Financial Analyst
Provide reliable financial data, projections, and analytics to the leadership team to be used in decision-making and planning under the direction of the Director of Business Services.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, and capital expenditures
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends & analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Develop comprehensive Business Plan that communicates our Mission / Vision and our Strengths / Weaknesses / Opportunities / Threats to our customers.
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reports
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Ensure reports and records are maintained per GAAP.
- Operate within the approved budget per policy
- Maintain a secure and confidential work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; MBA highly preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in budgeting and business analytics
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills. Access and Lawson skills desirable
- Familiarity with accounting software
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven, and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
Abilities Required (work characteristics, behaviors, leadership abilities, etc.):
- Able to keep confidential information
- Must have initiative and be resourceful in problem solving
- Work requires continual attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Must demonstrate ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table.
- Intermittently sitting, standing, or walking.
Working Conditions: normal or usual conditions where work is performed:
Work is performed in office setting with moderate noise (primarily from office equipment). The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Consolidated Utility District Of Rutherford CountyMurfreesboro, TN
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.