- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
***This position requires the candidate to work in-person at the CRI Grand Rapids, MI facility. Remote work is unavailable.***
***US Citizenship Required***
Consolidated Resource Imaging (CRI) is at the forefront of cutting-edge imaging technologies focusing on today’s complex sensor and security challenges by providing a complete range of services and products from concept development to field operations. We specialize in end-to-end solutions through both internal development and partnering with original equipment manufacturers to transition advanced sensor technologies from the lab to the real world. From concept creation to execution, we deliver success.
CRI is looking for a Software Engineer who is interested in joining a team of self-driven, hands-on, and curious individuals working in a dynamic environment with other software, electrical, and mechanical engineers. Each project at CRI is unique allowing our Software Engineers to use their multifaced skills to see projects from start to finish.
Software developed at CRI covers a wide range of responsibilities, spanning motor control loops, power delivery systems, inertial navigation systems, image processing / computer vision, geospatial analytics, web-based interfaces, and client software. Normal development environments incorporate a wide range of technologies, from embedded systems with limited resources to enterprise server platforms with algorithms utilizing hardware acceleration.
Core Responsibilities of the Software Engineer:
- Develop and maintain applications for Linux and RTOS-based operating systems
- Follow agile development process and participate in code reviews
- Implement low-level algorithms, such as control loop logic
- Implement high-level algorithms, such as computer vision
- Implement and test network-based interfaces (TCP/UDP/HTTP)
- Design and implement REST-based Application Programming Interfaces (API)
The Ideal Software Engineer Will Have:
- B.S. required; preferably in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- 1-5 years of professional applicable experience
- Experience in lieu of degree may be considered
- Experience with hands-on hardware software development such as programming robotics and integration with electronics is required
- Experience with Linux development environments
- Familiarity with libraries: OpenCV and CUDA
- Understanding of structured data: JSON, XML, MessagePack
- Experience with communication interfaces: Ethernet (TCP, UDP) and Serial
- Previous experience tinkering with cameras and embedded platforms such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi is strongly preferred
- Interest in creating immersive and intuitive user experiences
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- This position may require the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. citizenship
We offer employees:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Opportunities for growth
CRI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Consolidated Resource Imaging LLC
2943 South Wilson Court NWGrand Rapids, MI
Get fresh Engineering Software jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.