Consolidated Precision Products (CPP), an aerospace and defense manufacturing company, has an immediate need for an Pattern Maker/Programmer to join our team! This is a 1st shift position (6am - 2:30pm), reporting to the Tooling Operations Manager at our plant in Bloomington, MN. This position is accountable for providing tooling design and construction packages within a dry sand foundry process. Additionally, this position provides solid models for 3D scanning, dimensional checks and integrates co-engineering with customers to achieve best casting processes.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Major Job Functions:
- Creates and designs 3D mold packages using customer models or blueprints
- Integrates gating designs into mold designs to facilitate both requirements in parallel
- Designs fixtures using CAD software
- Establishes mold and parting line geometry
- Produce core geometries for additive manufacturing
- Writes CNC programs to machine aluminum and plastics for tool construction
- Supports bench work efforts such as building fixtures and establishing mold lines for tooling construction
- Troubleshoot machining related issues (tool, manufacturing process, or mechanical).
- Maintain a clean, organized work area
- Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
- Ability to work overtime
- Education: Associates Degree in related field
- Experience: 5 years of pattern making, CAD/CAM experience and operation of CNC lathes and/or mills. Unigraphics and Solidworks proficiency preferred.
- Experience with reading and interpreting GD&T prints
- Ability to lift equipment up to 50lbs.
Consolidated Precision Products (CPP) is an industry-leading manufacturer of highly-engineered
components and sub-assemblies, supplying the commercial aerospace, military and industrial markets with small-to-large “function critical” products. CPP provides its customers with a “total solution” source, taking them from concept to finished product with one of the broadest and most diverse product offerings in the industry. More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
Sponsorship is not available for this role. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on a permanent and consistent basis without company sponsorship now and in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
It is the policy of CPP Corporation to cooperate to the fullest extent with the applicable regulations of the Civil Rights Act and any legislation on Equal Employment Opportunity. CPP Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.