CNC Lathe Setup Technician - Nights
- Posted: 9 days ago
Consolidated Machine & Tool (CMT) and its 13 locations specialize in precision machining, fabrication, and assembly of highly engineered components. With over 175 years of combined experience, 300,000 sq. ft. of floor space, 250 CNC machines and 350 talented employees across the United States and Canada, we leverage our combined expertise and state of the art CNC machining capabilities to deliver quality machined parts to customers all across the globe. Our primary commitment is to provide our customers with a quality product, on-time delivery, and competitive pricing.
Mill Creek Machining (MCM), a CMT company, is seeking a CNC Lathe Setup Technician for our Spencer, IA location. The CNC Lathe Setup Technician is responsible for the excellence of precision machining of quality parts produced on our Doosan, Takamaz, and Mazak lathes. If you are looking for an organization and career that will match your strong work ethic and passion for success, Mill Creek Machining is a great place to start!
*This position offers overtime and works a 4 Day Work Schedule of Monday thru Thursday from 4:50pm-3:50am. The pay range for this role is $21.84 - $26.00 per hour DOE. An additional $2.00 per hour will be added to the hourly pay rate for working night shift. A weekly attendance bonus of $44.00 per week will be added to each pay period when all scheduled hours are worked.*
*Our machine shop is 100% climate controlled!*
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands programs and sets up CNC Lathe machines using programs generated by the engineering department.
- Inspects parts per print and in process documentation.
- Prepares all tools, and gauging needed for machining operations.
- Installs jaws, tooling, downloads program, enters offsets, and proves out machine.
- Inspects first run piece and makes offsets as required, spot checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications (including documentation of results per the quality department records).
- Performs other associated duties with machines, programs, tooling, and training of operators needed to continue the productive operation of the company.
- Recommends and helps implement any improvements that could be made the existing process.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment through 5-S controls (willing to learn 5-S controls).
- Ensures a safe work environment is maintained, appropriate safety systems/processes are utilized, and ensures compliance with all OSHA and other state/federal safety and environmental related rules and regulations.
Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-5+ years' experience operating CNC Lathe machines.
- Working knowledge of micrometers, gauging, and comparator.
- Familiarity with Fanuc Controls a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint drawings/readings.
Benefits and Perks
Our comprehensive benefits package includes, but is not limited to, a competitive pay rate, accrued vacation time, sick time, 8 paid holidays + Paid Birthday, 401(k) with company match, health, dental, and vision insurance as well as Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance. Employee Only Dental coverage, Long-Term Disability, and life/AD&D insurance is employer paid.
Consolidated Machine & Tool and all of its locations are a drug-free workplace / Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual experience and qualifications, without regard to a person's sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, disability, race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Powered by JazzHR
Consolidated Machine & Tool
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?