- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Phoenix Firestop is currently looking to add a Firestop Installer to their team in Gorham, Maine. Experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate. Tools, equipment, and product education will be provided.
This position can be full-time, part-time, or temporary. Compensation will be $16-$20 based on experience, and benefits are available for full-time employees.
As a subsidiary of Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Inc. (CED), Phoenix Firestop is focused on serving the community and operating with integrity. Phoenix Firestop is a new and growing business determined to build a team of highly skilled and dedicated installers.
REPORTS TO: Phoenix Firestop Manager
Valid Driver’s License
Firestop experience preferred
Relatable experience preferred
All of the responsibilities listed will be performed on active construction sites. In order to perform the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and arms to reach or feel; kneel, crawl, and crouch. Employees are also required to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds. Working in high-up spaces is a regular occurrence.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understanding of building and fire codes.
- Understanding of basic math and measurements.
- Installing fire-stopping materials in new and existing commercial construction applications.
- Inspect work to ensure the installation meets code standards and was completed per UL Design.
- Ability to read blueprints and life safety drawings.
- Ability to access Penetrations and Joints using ladders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts.
- Willingness to travel to project sites outside of the Portland area, which may require day or overnight trips.
NOTE: Because positions may evolve due to the needs of the business, this job description may not list all essential functions and is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other essential functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned at any time; with or without notice.
CED is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability | Veteran
Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Inc (CED)Why Work Here?
CED/Phoenix Firestop is focused on serving the community and operating with integrity.
ConstructionView all jobs at Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Inc (CED)