Litigation Paralegal - Hiring Immediately
- $80,000 to $95,000 Yearly
Enterprise Talent Solutions is working with a prestigious DC-based law firm that is seeking a Litigation Paralegal. The Paralegal applies Litigation knowledge of legal procedures to provide fundamental assistance to lawyers. The law firm is dedicated to strong advocacy for businesses and individuals in the DC area.
Under the supervision of the Director of Legal Operations, all paralegals provide support to the firm's attorneys and their clients in various types of litigation matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, review, and analyze routine legal documents as requested by attorneys.
- Maintain pleadings, files, calendars, and other case material in electronic databases.
- Gather and circulate case materials to the project team, as needed.
- Arrange filings, mailings, and service of process with appropriate courts, government agencies and other parties.
- Legal and factual cite checking, including creating Table of Authorities, Table of Contents, shepardizing and editing briefs to Blue Book standards and applicable court rules. Expert-level cite-checking proficiency is required.
- Under attorney supervision, perform research (factual, legal, internet, and other) and analyze documents to identify issues and relevant information. Compile information and prepare documentation that details key findings.
- Prepare for and attend depositions, hearings, trials, and arbitrations, as needed. Coordinate assembly of exhibits and appendices for pleadings, witness materials, depositions, and trials. Summarize deposition and trial exhibits and transcripts.
- Obtain services from outside contractors, including court reporters and filing services. Process billing and disbursement paperwork in connection with those services.
- Act as liaison for the project team with support departments and other offices in the firm.
- Experience with all stages of litigation, including e-Discovery, e-filing practices, and trial preparation activities.
- Work in conjunction with the Litigation Support Department to create and maintain document review platforms (Concordance and Relativity experience preferred); understand legal technology concepts and terminology.
- Interacts with clients and outside vendors, expert witnesses and other law firms to gather and share information or data.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by the Director of Legal Operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must possess strong organizational, time management, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited institution is required. A minimum of two years of paralegal experience is required.
Ability to read and interpret legal documents. Ability to write in a succinct, legal style and to speak effectively before groups of clients and/or employees of the firm.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We have a proven track record of successfully placing candidates in positions that match their desired salary, career goals, and skill set.
Consilio is a global leader in legal staffing, eDiscovery, risk management, and legal consulting services. The company supports multinational law firms and corporations by providing identifying and sourcing talented individuals for staffing needs, using innovative software, combining deep legal and regulatory industry expertise and excellent client service.
Consilio - Enterprise Talent Solutions (Formerly LPI)Washington, DC
WebsiteView All Consilio - Enterprise Talent Solutions (Formerly LPI) Jobs
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.