Office Program Aide I/ Administrative Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Since 1987, the Conservation Corps of Long Beach (CCLB) has worked to help youth realize their potential while serving the Gateway Cities area. As a state-certified Corps, CCLB is positioned to offer its Corpsmembers access to a variety of environmental work experiences while also facilitating personal development opportunities. More than 12,000 youth and young adults have benefitted from our unique program, and over 1,500 have received a high school diploma while working with us. We continue to serve local youth as we work towards achieving our vision of a world where all youth and young adults thrive, are resilient, have equitable access to opportunity, and are stewards of our community and the environment.
The primary mission of the Conservation Corps of Long Beach is to support young people in realizing their potential through work, service, conservation, and education
This position is responsible for program related clerical support for the Operations and Recycling Departments and responsible to the Director of Conservation Programs. The Program Aide II is responsible for the supervision of various Corpsmember Interns. The position requires a variety of clerical, administrative and operations skill sets in addition to customer service, public interaction and interaction with staff and corpsmembers.
Under the direction of the Senior Program Aide or Program Aide II/ III provides heavy administrative support to the department
- Tracking and coordination of corpsmember and staff job costing sheets. Direct cooperation with the operations staff and accounting staff.
- Ordering of all office equipment and supplies.
- Coordinate special events
- Creating and submitting requisitions as it relates to projects and training.
- Clerical support for the Management staff.
- Incoming call routing, mail distribution and office procedures
- Coordination and support for corpsmember exits, reviews, trainings and additional documentation. Coordination of appropriate delivery of documentation to appropriate departments.
- And other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintenance and tracking of daily corpsmember attendance, updating of corpsmember attendance cards
- Uniform and equipment distribution, tracking and purchasing
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Education or the equivalent
- Minimum of one year of experience in an office setting
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including but not limited to: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Internet research
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Must type a minimum of 40 WPM.
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of public agencies, community groups, corporations and diverse youth.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Prior experience with public or non-profit agencies
- Experience working with young people from a diverse social and ethnic background
Other Duties and Requirements:
Perform other duties as assigned. Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contact a comprehensive listing of activities, duties and/or responsibilities that may be required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time and without notice.
Salary and Benefits:
Full salary range: $19.11-$22.93
The Conservation Corps of Long Beach (CCLB) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The CCLB complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The CCLB expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CCLB's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Conservation Corps of Long Beach
AddressSignal Hill, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Conservation Corps of Long Beach