Practice Transformation Specialist - $500 SIGN-ON BONUS!!!
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Practice Transformation Specialist
Department/Location: Population Health/ Hybrid: 50% Home; 50% travel to practices throughout NJ
Reports to: VP of Population Health
FLSA Status: Exempt
Direct Reports: N/A
At Consensus Health, we believe better healthcare begins with a community of strong, independent providers delivering high quality, compassionate patient care with improved outcomes. As New Jersey’s fastest growing independent medical group, Consensus Health offers full clinical and operational integration with our value-based care programs, enabling providers to transform the healthcare delivery experience. In addition, Consensus Health owns and manages New Jersey’s oldest Independent Physician Association (“IPA”) with over 1,000 providers throughout the state. At Consensus Health we believe in fostering an environment of collaboration, participation, and respect. A cornerstone of that belief is a commitment to attracting talented and dedicated team members who work together for the common purpose of providing clinical excellence.
Consensus is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining talented people who are passionate about helping physicians and their staff deliver better care to patients and whose values align with ours. We empower our employees to bring the right solutions forward to strengthen the relationship between providers and patients and ensure that our staff are well served.
The Practice Transformation Coordinator will lead transformation activity with providers throughout designated territory by building relationships with physician practices to support physician engagement, clinical practice transformation and support the quadruple aim best practice of care.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Playing a critical role in performance management by guiding actionable initiatives from data; measuring progress and outcomes and helping implement interventions where applicable.
- Integrating care management, utilization management, risk adjustment, annual wellness visits and quality initiatives into practice and ensuring goals are met by assigned practices.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop a strategy and content for network meetings.
- Partner with network team members and local medical directors/physician champions to ensure progress towards collective improvement goals.
- Provide total medical expense and cost savings initiative support.
- Act as primary liaison to practice managers and staff for assigned practices.
- Lead the transition of innovative ideas from pilot to implementation and share best practices across all sites.
- Proactively resolve issues, address concerns, identify potential risks, and improve overall processes and outcomes of moderately complex initiatives.
- Builds rapport and creates a consistent, open environment where people are valued and respected.
- Provides exemplary customer service to internal and external customers by being proactive, responsive, and encouraging teamwork.
- Strives to build a network of contacts, both internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrates foundational understanding of Population Healthcare and community initiatives/goals; aligns department with overall company success objectives.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications or Education, Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of leadership experience in practice management, provider relations and or project management
- Must have a valid Driver's License and ability to travel locally/regionally up to 75% of the work week
Knowledge and Skills/Expected Competencies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated individual with ability to adapt to various workspaces and work autonomously
- Hypothesis driven to identify trends, predict issues, highlight critical areas, and develop corrective action plans
- 3+ years’ experience in practice re-design work including Patient Centered Medical Home, Practice Transformation, Quality Improvement, ACO development, Ambulatory Care, Quality and Efficiency metrics, and EMR
- IPA and/or ACO experience with a provider perspective and strong orientation to value-based care principles and the health policy landscape
- Working knowledge of clinical quality metrics such as RAF, HEDIS, NCQA or National Quality Forum type metrics
- Experience in data analytics comprehension, ability to infer trends and identify areas of opportunity
Physical/Mental Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Examples of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands and arms to operate general office equipment (PC, telephone, file cabinets, copier, postage meter, fax machine and printer). The employee may occasionally lift and/or move between 10 and 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee may need to travel to healthcare practices.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The Company reserves the right to modify the job description based upon its needs and may require the employee to perform functions beyond those mentioned above. Neither this job description nor any other communication creates an employment contract between the Company and the employee.
Our culture encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and leads New Jersey in provider and patient satisfaction. Consensus Health values diversity, inclusion, and equity as matters of fairness and effectiveness. We are committed to hiring and retaining a staff that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, fostering an inclusive working environment where staff of all backgrounds feel welcomed and engaged.
Consensus Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from individuals underrepresented in the medical sector, including people of color, and persons with non-traditional work and educational experience. All who believe they meet the stated qualifications are invited to apply.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Consensus Health is committed to proactively creating and maintaining an environment that is safe for our team and patients. Employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including face masks, gloves, gowns, and more as appropriate.
HealthcareView all jobs at Consensus Health